• Not really bothered/Dont know

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Re: Question to members about contributions from Professiona

Hobnoblin said:
I know what I want in this forum. Somewhere where it's safe to debate and discuss without fear or ridicule and personal attacks, a place where we can disagree as well as agree, albeit in a courteous manner and a place where the health of it's members is more important than egos and agendas. But that's just me.

I quite agree ! The daft thing is that that was what my pal Sue and I fought to maintain on here. Sue for over 4 years and me for over 2 yrs. In the main we succeeded with the backing of the then Administrator and endured much provocation and ridicule for our efforts, mainly from disgruntled ex members.

If all we were about was ego's and agendas we niether of us would still be here. Many of our thousands of posts have been to help and advise members. We are both proud of that ......

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

This is a question and answer from a French 'forum' that is run in a way that one knows that the answer will come from a professional. (league of diabetics, run by a Parisian hospital.)
http://www.diabetenet.com/index.php?Rubrique=111
A few years ago there was a person that couldn't communicate with their doctor. In this case a language problem so they asked a question and got a response see 10th March 2006. (you'll have to use google translate if you want to read it and don't speak French)
In retrospect this was excellent advice, including having too low an HbA1C . It wasn't all taken on board at the time, but in every aspect I think he was right. There is a place for experts, but perhaps in a slightly different setting to a discussion forum.

frenchkittie

I think that's it phoenix, the forum you link to is run by a hospital, and the HCPs that post there are verified, and posting in their capacity as professionals linked to that hospital.

I wish I'd known about it when I was first diagnosed.

Great reply from the doctor btw, and how sweet that he added a bit of English.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Seems like a no - so shall lock the topic - we'll put some more thought into this and throw our ideas to the floor again.

Status
Not open for further replies.