1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Question to members about contributions from Professionals

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Administrator, Jun 28, 2011.

?

Do you think this is a good idea?

1. Good idea

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. Bad idea

19 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Not really bothered/Dont know

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cugila

cugila · Master

Re: Question to members about contributions from Professiona

I quite agree ! The daft thing is that that was what my pal Sue and I fought to maintain on here. Sue for over 4 years and me for over 2 yrs. In the main we succeeded with the backing of the then Administrator and endured much provocation and ridicule for our efforts, mainly from disgruntled ex members.

If all we were about was ego's and agendas we niether of us would still be here. Many of our thousands of posts have been to help and advise members. We are both proud of that ......

2. phoenix

phoenix Type 1 · Expert

This is a question and answer from a French 'forum' that is run in a way that one knows that the answer will come from a professional. (league of diabetics, run by a Parisian hospital.)
    http://www.diabetenet.com/index.php?Rubrique=111
    A few years ago there was a person that couldn't communicate with their doctor. In this case a language problem so they asked a question and got a response see 10th March 2006. (you'll have to use google translate if you want to read it and don't speak French)
    In retrospect this was excellent advice, including having too low an HbA1C . It wasn't all taken on board at the time, but in every aspect I think he was right. There is a place for experts, but perhaps in a slightly different setting to a discussion forum.

3. frenchkittie

frenchkittie · Well-Known Member

I think that's it phoenix, the forum you link to is run by a hospital, and the HCPs that post there are verified, and posting in their capacity as professionals linked to that hospital.

I wish I'd known about it when I was first diagnosed.

Great reply from the doctor btw, and how sweet that he added a bit of English.

4. Administrator

Administrator Family member · Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Administrator

Seems like a no - so shall lock the topic - we'll put some more thought into this and throw our ideas to the floor again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook