Metformin manufacturing problem?

Ripelda

I have been told that Metformin is currently unavailable due to manufacturing difficulties. This is the second time in a month, so I am wondering if its a widespread problem. I got some pills from a local independent pharmacy, but I will need another script filling soon, and the chemist I usually use won't even try to order them for me, as they say they can't get them. Is anyone else having this problem?

louiseb

Re: Metformn manufacturing problem?

I have not had trouble getting my metformin but I have had trouble with chemists in the past telling me they cant get my meds, I have then taken my prescription back and went to another chemist and got my meds straight away.
try another chemist.

lj1921

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Hi Yes I had problems a couple of weeks ago getting SR Metformin and I was told then that there was a manufacturing problem, I went to 3 different Chemist and eventually managed to get them.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*

My usual chemist (Boots) could not get hold of Glucophage SR ( slow release metformin) but did manage to get another brand that seems to perform exactly the same.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

For the last 2 months I have not had the usual Glucophage SR brand but the chemist has found an alternative slow release version so no delay