acerimmer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Onions, tuna, rude people,
Morning,

Just had call from docs, my Hba1c is 73 (from blood test taken on Tuesday). When I was diagnosed last year it was 96 so still a long way to go.

Kidney function fine, just waiting for GAD results.

What's the highest Hba1c you've had recorded?? And where are you at now?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Morning,

Just had call from docs, my Hba1c is 73 (from blood test taken on Tuesday). When I was diagnosed last year it was 96 so still a long way to go.

A step in the right direction and every journey is just one step after another so well done my highest was 64 but I had been treating my self as suspected diabetes long before that.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Hi Ace
I have just uploaded all my HbA1c results from the first visit to my doctors in Feb 2018.
If you look at my signature, all the numbers are there my friend.

I did not really make any effort until the start of April this year when I contracted a virus and was admitted to hospital and placed on insulin to control my levels as the 'metformin' was no help at all.

Back in Feb 2018 my BG level was 27!
After two weeks on insulin my average is now 6.5! and dropping. The low carbs make a huge difference I try to keep around 100g a day.

Just keep on keeping on mate!

Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I just posted this on another thread you may it helpful...

Hiya
I had my first appointment with the 'Dietitian' today she was pleased with my metre readings and the understanding I had... (Which all came from this great site and the people who post here)

The book 'Carbs & Cals' by Chris Cheyette & Yello Balolia Is a God send for me... Easy Pictures to reference stuff and the Carbs listed. I am aiming for around 100g a day to see how things change.
Po

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning,

My initial hba1c in November 2018 was 103. In March it was 59 :) - very happy with that drop even though still too high, but will work toward reducing more!

Feel so much better!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
131 at the worst of my burnout phase. It’s now 40, and has been down to 37, but I started a stressful job since then.

Reactions: acerimmer

acerimmer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I just posted this on another thread you may it helpful...

Hiya
I had my first appointment with the 'Dietitian' today she was pleased with my metre readings and the understanding I had... (Which all came from this great site and the people who post here)

The book 'Carbs & Cals' by Chris Cheyette & Yello Balolia Is a God send for me... Easy Pictures to reference stuff and the Carbs listed. I am aiming for around 100g a day to see how things change.
Po
Thank you

acerimmer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My initial hba1c in November 2018 was 103. In March it was 59 :) - very happy with that drop even though still too high, but will work toward reducing more!

Feel so much better!
Great work, well done

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you

I hope you are feeling more on top of things Ace.
This forum is so supportive and informative mate.

I have seen much on this site that lifts my heart. What a great support network we have here of people who can speak from experience and guide us newbies through the maze of twists and turns that we come up against… Being told you are T2 can seem like a death sentence to some I’m sure. (Which we know is NOT the case if we understand it)

Po