Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Morning :)

Was going to be taking Keiran back to Uni today but think he may be postponing his return for a couple of days hey ho

Reactions: SaskiaKC

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hi @SaskiaKC glad you like it with all the talk of St. Georges day on the radio and telly yesterday I thought I would fly the flag for Saint Edmund the original patron saint of England who unlike Saint George was English and resided here during his life.

The white dragon on a red background was his banner.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

It's lashing down here this morning, what a difference a week makes.

Have a good day.

H :)

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Whoopwhoop, foster dog Naimah has found herself a home!
She went on a sailing trip with my neighbour last weekend where she made new friends and they decided they want to adopt :)
They will pick her up tomorrow!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
She went on a sailing trip with my neighbour last weekend where she made new friends and they decided they want to adopt :)

You will miss her. :bigtears:

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Did you insist on visiting rights? LOL

Reactions: heh and Antje77

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
It's a 400 km drive so I don't expect to be visiting her very often! But her new family is the sister's of the captain who also happens to live on my road so I can see her when she comes visiting her sister!

there's always skype/facetime though eh? LOL

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The good news: I just ordered a new pair of glasses. It's been more than 20 years since my last eye exam, more than 20 years since I last sat in an optician's show room trying on frames.

The bad news is that I have cataracts. They are not seriously affecting my vision, so I have no plans to rush into cataract surgery, but for the first time I feel officially "old." I've occasionally wondered at what point I would start to feet "old" -- would it be my first grey hairs? Nope, wasn't that.

Would it be turning 60? Nope, not particularly. I didn't "feel" old.

Getting Social Security? Yep, but not in a bad way. Qualifying for a senior apartment building? Nope, that's been a good thing. I no longer have to worry about paying the heating bill, the water bill, or the electricity bill.
And it wasn't qualifying for Medicare either, because that has meant I can actually see a doctor, regularly, without having to go without other things to pay for it.

So -- cataracts. Now I feel "old." And you know what? It actually feels just fine. Just this morning, on another forum board, a young woman posted that she was distraught because she found a stray hair growing out of her chin and oh! horror of horrors! Now she feels like a 90-year-old and she is terrified her eyebrows will get scraggly.

I wanted to give her a gentle shake and say get a grip. Wait 'til you get told you have cataracts. Of course, you won't be able to see them ...

And of course, at the time I read her post, I didn't know I had them either ...
rolling.gif
This one because I can still get down on the floor and get back up again!

Reactions: heh and Guzzler

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A hearty renewed welcome to the forum, old woman! Happy to have you here, cataracts and all :)

Reactions: heh

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
The good news: I just ordered a new pair of glasses. It's been more than 20 years since my last eye exam, more than 20 years since I last sat in an optician's show room trying on frames.

The bad news is that I have cataracts. They are not seriously affecting my vision, so I have no plans to rush into cataract surgery, but for the first time I feel officially "old." I've occasionally wondered at what point I would start to feet "old" -- would it be my first grey hairs? Nope, wasn't that.

Would it be turning 60? Nope, not particularly. I didn't "feel" old.

Getting Social Security? Yep, but not in a bad way. Qualifying for a senior apartment building? Nope, that's been a good thing. I no longer have to worry about paying the heating bill, the water bill, or the electricity bill.
And it wasn't qualifying for Medicare either, because that has meant I can actually see a doctor, regularly, without having to go without other things to pay for it.

So -- cataracts. Now I feel "old." And you know what? It actually feels just fine. Just this morning, on another forum board, a young woman posted that she was distraught because she found a stray hair growing out of her chin and oh! horror of horrors! Now she feels like a 90-year-old and she is terrified her eyebrows will get scraggly.

I wanted to give her a gentle shake and say get a grip. Wait 'til you get told you have cataracts. Of course, you won't be able to see them ...

And of course, at the time I read her post, I didn't know I had them either ...
rolling.gif
This one because I can still get down on the floor and get back up again!

I went grey starting at 22yo! The thing is, I did not equate grey hair with getting old until I noticed the pit hair had turned white! Nobody warned me and I am convinced that someone came in the night and 'did' it to me and if I ever get my hands on the git they'll regret doing it!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My mother starting going grey at about the same age, @Guzzler . By the time I was about 5-6, when she was 42, her hair was a lovely iron grey color. By the time she was 90 it was like a white cloud. Mine's been going grey for several years now, seems greyer, especially bangs and around the temples, right after a haircut.

Today I noticed that for the first time, the horn-rimmed/tortoiseshell frames I tried on weren't blending as well with my hair as they did 20-odd years ago. I finally found a nice sort of gunmetal color metal frame that the young man said had a sort of green tone. I said, Oh, cool, it will bring out the green in my eyes! :D They are basically hazel, can look green or brown depending on what I'm wearing.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My mother starting going grey at about the same age, @Guzzler . By the time I was about 5-6, when she was 42, her hair was a lovely iron grey color. By the time she was 90 it was like a white cloud. Mine's been going grey for several years now, seems greyer, especially bangs and around the temples, right after a haircut.

Today I noticed that for the first time, the horn-rimmed/tortoiseshell frames I tried on weren't blending as well with my hair as they did 20-odd years ago. I finally found a nice sort of gunmetal color metal frame that the young man said had a sort of green tone. I said, Oh, cool, it will bring out the green in my eyes! :D They are basically hazel, can look green or brown depending on what I'm wearing.

I too have hazel eyes but I can't wear green, it makes me look like a coffin dodger.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all from a totally grey haired, with the start of cataracts 54 year old.

Lovely & sunny here atm but rotten weather forecast later.

Out for a carby pizza tonight as a work colleague is leaving us, I'm very sad as I've worked with her for years :(

Have a good day.

H :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

Both my parents had green eyes I have brown eyes that's genetics for you my father had jet black hair mum was strawberry blond I don't know what my gran's hair colour was apart from the grey hair I remember her having from when I was very young.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all. It's beautifully sunny here too this morning. No plans other than tackling the oven this weekend, Oh Joy!

Reactions: heh and SaskiaKC

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. It's beautifully sunny here too this morning. No plans other than tackling the oven this weekend, Oh Joy!
I have some coursework to do for a qualification I need to get - but right now cleaning the oven is looking more and more appealing.