ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I must have a bug as my IBS has kicked off spectacularly through the night. Luckily Ashma has settled down.
Losing weight still hasn't given me any benefits... yet. Although I'm still at BMI 44. I cannot wait for by-pass. Weight loss and additional mobility will put a smile on my face. I feel I've waited and starved forever. I think waiting 3yrs for the op to 'save my life' doesn't seem ethical.... to me. Either it is or it isn't for medical reasons.
Obviously morbibly obese diabetic people aren't worth anything or aren't important in the nhs system. I feel I've been treated worse because of being diabetic... compared to a fully ignorant and a less intelligent none diabetic patient. I see them turn table through the bariatric doors much quicker than me.
I'm feeling fed up lately as I just feel it's going on and on.
Who said 18wks will fly by?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Replace the "morbidly obese diabetic" people with "low-income old" people and you have another group that isn't considered worth anything to many or considered important by them. Hence the hug.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Replace the "morbidly obese diabetic" peoplee with "low-income old" people and you have another group that isn't considered worth anything to many or considered important by them. Hence the hug.
They do have a nak of making us feel an inconvenience occasionally.
One of my nurses is definitely with it. Other one is so ignorant to what's going on.
"Have you made lifestyle changes?" I did that on diagnosis in 2002. Insulin is adding to my weight. All nearly 300units per day. If they read my notes.
Weight gained = less mobility = needing less calorific intake. Only problem the hunger pains and boring food choices. I never wanted to be a rabbit.
I cannot close the door after the horse has bolted. Just look after the foal and ensures it doesn't train to be a run away too.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Funnily enough, It was a similar thing I said to a nurse on diagnosis.

"I'm not going to eat like a rabbit and I'm not sticking pins in meself all day long"

I'm still mad, two years on, about the attitude of that nurse. Pfft!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Mind you I was a bit younger and a working stiff when I got the Parotid gland tumors 7 of them. I am one of those people that the normal tests don't seem to work on so they couldn't tell if they were malignant or not only lab tests on the removed tumors would show that up but they still left me 18 months for surgery a rather nerve racking 18 months at that.

Mind you I got my own back on them by dying for a short while when they were trying to get me breathing again after 8 hours of surgery. That made em sweat a bit. LoL

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Mind you I was a bit younger and a working stiff when I got the Parotid gland tumors 7 of them. I am one of those people that the normal tests don't seem to work on so they couldn't tell if they were malignant or not only lab tests on the removed tumors would show that up but they still left me 18 months for surgery a rather nerve racking 18 months at that.

Mind you I got my own back on them by dying for a short while when they were trying to get me breathing again after 8 hours of surgery. That made em sweat a bit. LoL
shouldn't laugh but can't help it!!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm feeling far happier this evening. Out for lunch with Mr ickihun and kids. I might treat myself to a small expensive bottle of perfume.
Yes you've guessed it, it's working its way through my digestive system and bottom end is the most embarrassing. Reluctant to take diarrhea tablets incase it's bacterial.
Plenty of water to replenish what I've lost.
Mrs Bucket would be turning green. Ha ha

Ha ha

Reactions: SaskiaKC

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

We're off to France when I finish work at 4.30 today :D, back Monday. Looks like we're going to have good weather.

Hope you all have a lovely Easter weekend.

H :)

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sailing weekend with captain Ray (one of my best friends) and 20 members of his family and friends coming up so naturally there's a group app with a lot of bantering. Most of those people I see only once a year and there's always a lot of laughing going on. Ray's niece sent:
" Antjeeee! Can I practice injecting insulin on you this weekend? We learned it in (nursing) school last monday and practiced on a sponge and I was best in class with medical math so I won't kill you with an overdose!"

Love it! Someone finally is very happy with my diabetes! :hilarious:

Now I'm sorry I really don't know what my insulin to carbs ratio's are, I'd love to see her try to work out how much insulin I need:bookworm:.
Well, at least she'll know more about diabetes than any others in her class and probably her teachers after this weekend :) . And she'll be the only one to have practiced sc injections in somebody's arm and through somebodies shirt!

I guess I'll take some extra lancets with me so she can practice testing on anyone who is willing to let her as well (hopefully we won't find any diabetics...)

Looking forward to the weekend! Now I only have to decide if I'm mean enough to yelp when she injects me the first time....

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sailing weekend with captain Ray (one of my best friends) and 20 members of his family and friends coming up so naturally there's a group app with a lot of bantering. Most of those people I see only once a year and there's always a lot of laughing going on. Ray's niece sent:
" Antjeeee! Can I practice injecting insulin on you this weekend? We learned it in (nursing) school last monday and practiced on a sponge and I was best in class with medical math so I won't kill you with an overdose!"

Love it! Someone finally is very happy with my diabetes! :hilarious:

Now I'm sorry I really don't know what my insulin to carbs ratio's are, I'd love to see her try to work out how much insulin I need:bookworm:.
Well, at least she'll know more about diabetes than any others in her class and probably her teachers after this weekend :) . And she'll be the only one to have practiced sc injections in somebody's arm and through somebodies shirt!

I guess I'll take some extra lancets with me so she can practice testing on anyone who is willing to let her as well (hopefully we won't find any diabetics...)

Looking forward to the weekend! Now I only have to decide if I'm mean enough to yelp when she injects me the first time....

Sounds like great fun and we will, of course, need pics of you 'yelping'. Have a great time.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning all

We're off to France when I finish work at 4.30 today :D, back Monday. Looks like we're going to have good weather.

Hope you all have a lovely Easter weekend.

H :)

Have a good time, must be the best forecast for Easter we've seen in a long time.

I expect brioche!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds like great fun and we will, of course, need pics of you 'yelping'. Have a great time.
Ah, that's a clear answer, yelping it is! I only hope she won't be afraid to inject ever again afterwards. The only thing she injected up to now was a sponge, and only one time...

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ah, that's a clear answer, yelping it is! I only hope she won't be afraid to inject ever again afterwards. The only thing she injected up to now was a sponge, and only one time...

I don't think I could do a blood draw but I'd like to stick people with injections. I'm weird like that. ;)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
A few months back I shared on here somewhere my elderly next door neighbor's story approaching eighty years of age she was diagnosed with T2 diabetes and I was saying that I could not understand it as she had lost considerable weight.

Well it turned out that the lady in question after some time being treated for T2 had some scans done and they (the doctors) came
to realise that there were nodules on her pancreas further tests have shown advanced pancreatic cancer. So it seems I'm loosing another friend depressing I know not wishing to cast a shadow on here but as I had mentioned her before I thought an update would be OK to relate.