Lemon meringue pie

roxy44

Well i have been to my dads and there on the kitchen counter was a warm lemon meringue pie, both my sisters had a plate full, my dad said to me "a little wont hurt you will it"

apart from shooting my sugars up and making me drowsy for the rest of the day ...no!! lol

i avoided but sat with a tiny bit just to smell at

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Got to confess...as a type 1 I would have given myself an extra bolus and ate some!!!!!.....

People always comment to me that to be on a pump...I must have serious diabetes......I say no....I just like to eat and drink and to do anything I want when I want...and in fact a type 2 diabetic has it far more serious than I have.......because...if I want something to eat....I will......type 2's are so more restricted than me as a type 1.....I seriously wish that the public would appreciate this point!!!!!!

I could just eat a slice of lemon meringue!"!!!!!

Eiche

Dislikes
Not being able to satisfy my craving for chocolate LOL
I'm type 2 and I would have eaten a small slice as well. See if you're good the rest of the week, why not have a small something to treat yourself and maybe walk an extra half hour that day.... If you deny yourself every pleasure you used to enjoy, you make being diabetic a prison sentence.... :(

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Here, here, or hear hear...not sure which...but I agree....(don't you always want more though!!!!)

Eiche

Dislikes
Not being able to satisfy my craving for chocolate LOL
donnellysdogs said:
Here, here, or hear hear...not sure which...but I agree....(don't you always want more though!!!!)

LOL It's hear, hear :wink:
And YES, I would want MORE as lemon meringue pie is my favourite :p
It's good willpower and self control that lets me eat only one small peace LOL

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
I saw it somewhere on the internet that diabetes is only a 6 day a week illness so you have a day off to treat yourself! It must be on the web somewhere as I'm sure I must of put it there! A doctor did tell me life is precious so enjoy it.

(Legal disclaimer-I have no evidence to support this statement but having saturday nights off works for me!)

roxy44

hmmmmm Gappy are you trying to sabatage my weight loss for monday? getting worried are you? lol

i sat and hate my salad while my 2 ugly sisters got fatter lol,
serioulsy though, it would have made me groggy and i am going to a friends wedding do tonight so didnt want to jeopardise my night out, and wearing my size smaller clothes !! yippee

marigold36

Well my diabetic nurse at my gp's, (Yes the good one I have been saying about)

When I was bemoaning my lack of will power and giving in to a piece of cheesecake at a recent celebration said, and I quote her 'you have to have a life as well, as long as you dont eat like that everyday'

Have I mentioned that I like her cos she's normal.

M

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya, wonderful posts on here, I agree if we are so good and fancy a bit of a treat [lets call it] once a week , month, and then have the discipline to get back on track , surely we can succeed in our own individual control of diabetes. This way we can have it all ! so to speak, you will know what I mean. Anna.x :D

kjt57

I had a slice in Morrisons the other day, it was just before cafe closed and was only 49p. I thought it would push sugar way up but when I checked 1 hour after it was only 6,1

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I have posted a low-carb version here somewhere.

wiflib

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi, ooooh if you can find it again? please could you pop it on here, as it IS lemon meringue pie thread! myself and anyone else can make it and enjoy a piece and hopefully not do too much damage. Anna.x :)

roxy44

well i have just got home from my firends wedding night reception, and no food passed my lips, just diet coke, then came home had a pack of mini cheddars and a yogurt...i agree we have to have treats...but my treat day is tuesday....i have a will of iron lol today i do anyway xx

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
my pints today, and cheap mini pizza on the way home are my treats (pizza as a carb snack to keep me going while liver processes alcohol!) anyway last hba whatsit count was 5.8 so as far as i'm concerned I'm doing something right and having a good time-no body can tell me that's wrong!

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people that make me panic. Racism - in fact most 'isms'
my brother makes a good lemon meringue pie - no sugar in the lemon bit. If I don't eat the pastry the rest doesn't do too much to my sugars. Now Manchester tart ... mmmmm

Aileen

louiseb

you can make the pastry with ground almond flour 200g and 50g of butter and a teaspoon of canderel or any sweetner and a small amount of water adding the water a teaspoon at a time until it forms a dough. pre-bake for 2o mins before adding the lemon and filling

for the lemon filling juice of 2 lemons a cup of water a table spoon of cornflour and some sweetner like canderel as much or as little as you like to your personal preferance. heat all the ingreadiants gently until they come to a boil then leave to cool before poring on the pastry base.

for the meringue beat 3 egg whites with 4 teaspoons of canderel or other sweetener until they form sof peaks then place the meringue mix ontop the lemon filling.
place in the oven on about 160 until the meringue top is started to turn golden.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hiya, ace!! have scribbled this one down, will duplicate it so my mum can do it too! thanks louise . x :D