Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps. Poxy high Alarms going off half the night, been a while since that happened. Guess that means I’m PROPERLY ill! Just back in range with a 6.3 now. Bleurgh.

Hope you all have a snot free day x

Reactions: karen8967

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Wowsa rough night last night libre showing I dropped to 1.3, I think it maybe time to get a maiomaio. On a plus side no Dawn phenomenon
Ouch. Did you confirm that with a blood test? I can give you a discount code for a MiaoMiao if you want - PM me :)

Reactions: Timostags

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning chaps. Poxy high Alarms going off half the night, been a while since that happened. Guess that means I’m PROPERLY ill! Just back in range with a 6.3 now. Bleurgh.

Hope you all have a snot free day x

Look after yourself - if you're properly ill, you deserve properly good care..

I will be snot-free - I have doubled up on my hayfever meds. It's summer - the doc gave me 500 pills in one pot because it's quicker and easier than having me go back every couple of weeks for repeats. I snack on them! But - I stay snot and itch free. My eyeballs don't get rubbed raw and my eczema stays quiet. This way, we're all happy.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Wowsa rough night last night libre showing I dropped to 1.3, I think it maybe time to get a maiomaio. On a plus side no Dawn phenomenon

That's grim! Glad you're out safe the other side of it!

Reactions: Timostags

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@Mel dCP - I didn't say before but I absolutely loved your wedding pic!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Look after yourself - if you're properly ill, you deserve properly good care..

I will be snot-free - I have doubled up on my hayfever meds. It's summer - the doc gave me 500 pills in one pot because it's quicker and easier than having me go back every couple of weeks for repeats. I snack on them! But - I stay snot and itch free. My eyeballs don't get rubbed raw and my eczema stays quiet. This way, we're all happy.
No work for a week, so I shall take it as easy as I can with a trip to that London hahaha. I’m also on double antihistamines for my allergies, which is another reason I know it’s a PROPER ILL because they’re enough to nail the hay fever. Still, I have some seitan bacon so might have that in a bit, although my throat is pretty sore so maybe not. My gluten arrived, so I’m going to try making some!

Jobs for the day include changing the toilet seat and writing a covering letter to accompany the occupational health forms I’ve finally got back from my GP and send it all to the uni. But first, a pint of espresso :)

Reactions: WuTwo

Timostags

Ouch. Did you confirm that with a blood test? I can give you a discount code for a MiaoMiao if you want - PM me :)
When I woke up it was 3.4 (a couple of hours later) so just had some toast to keep it from dropping, it's been hovering around 5 since.

Thanks, I'll drop you a message for MiaoMaio

Reactions: WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I've never tried seitan bacon - woss it like? I might be able to find a recipe. I haven't tried it mainly 'cos it's very expensive and I couldn't justify it in my head.

When I want substance at brekkie I add pepperoni seitan to the tomatoes I have with my scrambled tofu, or slice any leftover seitan very thinly and fry it. I'd cheerfully make bacon though!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Back home again and oh I’m weary after all the wonders and the lovely Midlands too. Must be getting old.
Sorry you’ve got the sore throat lurgy @Mel dCP, it’s not nice. Rest, paracetamol, salt water gargle and moaning and it’s still with me but I suspect you’ll give it short shrift if it hangs around.
Glad you’re back to the ok bloods again @Timostags, worrying.
Oh I’m missing grandsons, and younger daughter, and son-in-law already, got a big black hole feeling

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Do you guys Skype? Fun for the little ones, and great for you!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I ordered a book yesterday and the post man just chucks it into my letter box. The poor binding of the book
@Fairygodmother my auntie had her daughter 6 months ago and she is the sweetest little human. So I can relate when you say you miss your little ones.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Do you guys Skype? Fun for the little ones, and great for you!

M
We WhatsApp and FaceTime which is great, and we speak on the phone too. I used to go up to the Midlands much more often before my wretched knee became useless and this visit was the first since November. Very special! I’d seen younger daughter when she dropped in and stayed after a work trip to London. I’ll be back up there in a couple of weeks too.

Reactions: hh1

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Not too long to wait then! That's great!

Reactions: Fairygodmother

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I haven’t heard anyone used skype in years, except for job interviews.

I don't use it, but I don't have Facebook either. I refuse point blank to contribute to that *insert really bad swear word of choice* Zuckerberg whom I utterly despise. As soon as he swallows an app or company, I delete it from my machines. I know it limits me but I really don't care.

Reactions: Leeannea

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't use it, but I don't have Facebook either. I refuse point blank to contribute to that *insert really bad swear word of choice* Zuckerberg whom I utterly despise. As soon as he swallows an app or company, I delete it from my machines. I know it limits me but I really don't care.

Good choice, I deactivated my facebook but I have reactivated it because my boyfriend wanted to update his relationship status with me.

Have you tried frying vegan quorn ham? I heard that’s good bacon.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Have you tried frying vegan quorn ham? I heard that’s good bacon.

Neither of us is that keen on quorn. I have The Quorn Cookbook (bought from their site) but everywhere they use quorn I use other products - there are substitutes available for all of them but the book itself is really quite good.

Also I see there is a new product out. Only available in Tesco and Holland & Barrett right now, but advertised in the mags and it has a site. Called Oumph and I shall take a wander round town on Wednesday and get some. The only big Tesco near us is appallingly claustrophobic and we both refuse to go there - towering stacks of products lining narrow aisles crowded with bad tempered people (who were doubtless perfectly happy when they went in). Just dreadful. So Holland & Barrett it is. Anyway I get 10% off all shopping I do there as a member of the Vegan Society :)

Reactions: MeiChanski