Misleading avatars.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been following this thread this morning and just had a rummage in my profile and have found a use for ‘other’. I have opted for other now and added ‘type 2 well controlled’ into the ‘custom’ box. That is the description I have always preferred rather than ‘in remission’ which I had as the next best description up until 2 minutes ago!

Where was that? I can't find it either.

M

Member496333

It must be tricky for the IT guys here to maintain consistency across the app, and mobile & desktop web browsers. Particularly considering they didn’t write the forum software, and the app is most likely subcontracted.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been following this thread this morning and just had a rummage in my profile and have found a use for ‘other’. I have opted for other now and added ‘type 2 well controlled’ into the ‘custom’ box. That is the description I have always preferred rather than ‘in remission’ which I had as the next best description up until 2 minutes ago!
The custom box? I am struggling to find this. I am using an iPad if that makes any difference?

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HSSS , @Bluetit1802 and @Listlad this is where I found the ‘custom’ box. After clicking on my screen name top right and then clicking on ‘personal details’. All done on my iPad.

93F19F02-DA36-4D5C-9D95-660E2510F695.jpeg

Reactions: HSSS
M

Member496333

@Rachox I think possibly that is due to your elevated credentials as a moderator. Certainly that’s not an option available to me.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox I think possibly that is due to your elevated credentials as a moderator. Certainly that’s not an option available to me.

Sorry folks, yes indeed maybe because I’m a mod. Shame that it would be useful for everyone.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As someone who signed up on and who still uses the app, which I much prefer. I didn’t realise for over a year that things were different if you went in via the website. So I do now occasionally sign in.

Reactions: Prem51
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Wouldn't it be more confusing if you came across a profile where the user had ticked T1 and T2. My first reaction would be ' well which are you".

Well actually, nothing surprises me now days regarding diabetes :rolleyes::confused:

Reactions: therower

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, it must be because you are a mod, @Rachox A perk of the job! It would be good if we could all have that option.

I always use the website, whether on my desk top PC, phone or tablet. I tried the app once and realised it only had partial viewing options on lots of things. The website is far superior.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Strictly spoken I do not have a certain LADA/T1 diagnosis but my diabetes and treatment sure looks like it. A bit like @SB.25 . I chose to fill out LADA because the main reason to mention type is to get relevant answers and to have other members see where your answers might be coming from. By now my internist has decided she'd say LADA but doesn't want to put money on it. In the occasional thread where my not completely certain diagnosis may be an issue I explain.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Answered my own question

View attachment 33345

Nowhere useful, and can only delete it by overtyping with a full stop
Yes I typed a fullstop as my status was the Oxford dictionary definition of ‘remission’ to qualify my ‘in Remission’ in my Avatar which I have now changed.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Strictly spoken I do not have a certain LADA/T1 diagnosis but my diabetes and treatment sure looks like it. A bit like @SB.25 . I chose to fill out LADA because the main reason to mention type is to get relevant answers and to have other members see where your answers might be coming from. By now my internist has decided she'd say LADA but doesn't want to put money on it. In the occasional thread where my not completely certain diagnosis may be an issue I explain.
When I first joined I thought it was the car you were driving. :D

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Answered my own question

View attachment 33345

Nowhere useful, and can only delete it by overtyping with a full stop

Yes I typed a fullstop as my status was the Oxford dictionary definition of ‘remission’ to qualify my ‘in Remission’ in my Avatar which I have now changed.

I just found where to delete the fullstop. Click on your screen name, then Profile Page. The status will be in the profile posts and you can delete from there :)

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was confused before but now I have completely lost the plot ahhh
Carol

gillytee31

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am drug induced specifically Prednisolone Induced this in the old classifications was type 3E and is not an option so other is the best I can do.

That is interesting. You are the only other person I have come across with drug induced diabetes caused by prednisolone. I am pleased it is not just me!!!

Reactions: Prem51