Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps. Nice smooth night, woke to a 5.6. Dosed my usual ~1.5u for foot on the floor and have basically just given myself a 2.6 hypo. Thanks for (literally) nothing, liver :mad:

3.1 and climbing now after two dextrose tablets. :banghead:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
So that’s basically my morning so far... Happily at 5 now :)

4300DFF5-2FF8-44C9-AD29-7DDD9BAA8472.jpeg

Last edited:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning all, after a fairly decent night except for a 9 and at 6.00 but feeling as though it was a 16+. Bloods said 9 too. I’ve a bridge that needs deconstructing before the whole thing collapses and it seems that there are now signs there’s an infection in the roof of my mouth that side. Why do these things tend to happen on a Saturday when the GP’s having a well earned rest? And why have bits of the mouth and dentistry been given architectural names? The house needs a building firm.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Unusually for me, a middle of the night bit of rage bolusing... where that 14.8 came from is anyone's guess. Currently toddling along on a much more sensible number, but that could be because the prescription dramas are over for another month, bailed out by Utterly Splendid GP, who signed the replacement repeat script between other patients("Oh, it's for Japes? No problem!" was the response I heard.) when Receptionist who knows me realised, as I suspected would happen, New Receptionist hadn't done that which had been promised and Eminently Sensible Pharmacy Assistant being on duty this morning.

I haven't quite finished the third book I was reading on buses and sitting around in jury waiting areas so as it's not pleasant out there, and none of the job list appeals, I'm going to finish reading it!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I just found out our local chain of el-cheapo drugstores (Kruidvat) has a fake frio bag for 13 euro's :)
As my real Frio is somewhere where I am not, and has been for over a month, I'm going to check it out this afternoon.
Pretty tired of walking back and forth to my fridge and messing with wet socks to keep my insulin cool enough when out and about during the last heat wave :)

The real one will come back to me some time, but I'm not willing to spend 25 euro's on gas just to pick it up.

Last edited:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Filling made for slices. Want to go and have a shower because I'm not willing to waste a bath bomb on a quick bath and don't think I could wallow on such a sweaty, damp day.

Also, don't want lunch - weather not conducive to eating! Wah! Shall content my soul with rooibos tea and be happy.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@smc4761 there’s a little bustard at Micklefield West Yorkshire. Husband has been crowd control and collection for hospice facilitator the past couple of days. Their local bird group got up a bit of a rota as some people were trying to get too close.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Dig up potatoes in the rain and have now created the most carb heavy lunch ever - potato butter pie! So yes, potatoes, onions and butter in pastry. Bets on me messing up the bolus? Think I’ll need pizza bolus. Oh and there is cheese in the pastry.
You may never hear from me again.

Reactions: becca59 and WuTwo

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
*waves my dead arm again*
Hello friends, I woke up a bit high and I have no idea why - 11.7. I had no food last night and I stopped eating at 23:30. Period isn’t here for another 3 weeks and my insulin seems fine. I guess I’ll blame my bf for it. :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski have you considered socks and/or undies to blame for your bg?

I am also concerned by a comment you made yesterday

I can't help on the frizzy hair but are you saying you have no dressing gown? That suggests you have been spending valuable assignment procrastination time getting dressed. There is little that beats sitting around all day in your dressing gown.

<rolls eyes> Youth of today. Tut.
No dressing gown? <shakes head in disbelief >

Does bare feet count?
I change my undies so often that I don’t know which one to blame.
Wow, I don’t know about modern women of today’s society but a dressing gown isn’t the first thing I look for in pjs. My mum might be able to help though. ;) I don’t own any dressing gowns, how about a silk pj dress? Actually that sounds too seductive.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski . I feel that @helensaramay has hit the nail on the head with dressing gown etiquette.
If you really want to get on in life the get a candlewick dressing gown.:):).
Kids today......don’t know there born.:):)

Reactions: Diakat

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Now if only I can find a tutorial on how to split and image diagonally.
Well I could teach you how to spit and even imagine something diagonal. BUT I’m guessing this isn’t what you’re after and instead are doing something all techy, in which case I have nfi. :wacky:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
And here is the pie. Obviously we eat some. It may feed us for the week.

Attachments

• ADF71801-ADF1-474F-A995-6F5C1A5AD42B.jpeg
    ADF71801-ADF1-474F-A995-6F5C1A5AD42B.jpeg
    870.1 KB · Views: 100

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well that's an education.. Learned today that alot of rappers like to go by the name of "Teflon"
They like to rhyme a song about crime as a singalong with a piano 3 chord progression
Teflon #1 likes to smoke dope in an inner city depression scene while his homie
blags a drag with the price tag still hanging from his gold Ray Bans
LOL, i don't understand I certainly won't post Teflon #2's gun toting foul mouthed derogatory
live my life in purgatory, whilst Teflon #3 stands in a skate park in a Pink Floyd dark side tee
posturing like he wants to pee, needing to get the video shoot wrapped before his mum calls in for tea..
it doesn't seem to stick with me... :banghead::p

Last edited:
Reactions: Alison54321

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I guess I’ll need a list of night and dressing gown recommendations Do I also need to sleep in those plastic hair curlers too?

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@smc4761 there’s a little bustard at Micklefield West Yorkshire. Husband has been crowd control and collection for hospice facilitator the past couple of days. Their local bird group got up a bit of a rota as some people were trying to get too close.

Hi @becca59 , a little bustard is very rare. I am however not a twitcher as such, I do not drive for miles to see a particular bird. I tend to go to my local patches anything between 1 and 10 miles and if I see and photograph anything, result. I just like going for quiet walks anything else is just a Brucie Bonus.

Surprisingly its been dry here in Haggisland, so for years I have been saying I will put down decking. My mate finally persuaded me and he is coming on Monday to measure up etc. So its heavy digging in garden this afternoon for me to remove top layer of grass, oh the joys. I have disconnected pump for about an hour and still BG is falling. Off for coffee and biccies to give me strength

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I received my letter and I've been offered a place to do DAFNE 2.0 called SWITCHED. I guess it's the hospital's choice for a carb counting course. As I'm reading through it, they said reply ASAP but it doesn't say how, so I'm guessing call them to say I'm going? But they've included a blood test and on the slip.. They've ticked the gender box as male :arghh::rolleyes::hilarious: So I told my bf that I'm a male. But last time I checked I didn't have a penis.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I received my letter and I've been offered a place to do DAFNE 2.0 called SWITCHED. I guess it's the hospital's choice for a carb counting course. As I'm reading through it, they said reply ASAP but it doesn't say how, so I'm guessing call them to say I'm going? But they've included a blood test and on the slip.. They've ticked the gender box as male :arghh::rolleyes::hilarious: So I told my bf that I'm a male. But last time I checked I didn't have a penis.
Well check again. These things can pop up at any time.;)