Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
*Waves my dead arm in the air*
Hello friends, I'm here for the epic squishy hugs. Unfortunately I didn't make it, I think my body quit at some point early afternoon and I hypoed too, so body was on a riot. I don't know if it's worth a late submission but I don't want to completely quit incase they were like yeah sure we'll take it. I also don't know what to say on the email, another lame excuse?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had to judge between not hanging something in - zero marks
handing half unfinished work - zero marks
late submission - possible cap at 40% - which will mean I still pass, but pass at an absolute low grade. If I go onto third year with a 40%, it'll mean I need to be a very high first class student to walk out with a 2.1 and that might be extremely difficult for me.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hello friends, I'm here for the epic squishy hugs. Unfortunately I didn't make it, I think my body quit at some point early afternoon and I hypoed too, so body was on a riot. I don't know if it's worth a late submission but I don't want to completely quit incase they were like yeah sure we'll take it. I also don't know what to say on the email, another lame excuse?
Huge squishy hug. There are many weather problems. I'd just finish it and send it with a message saying you had internet problems.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hugs @MeiChanski

You’ll sort it, don’t feel too deflated that’s the hypo speaking - Diakat made a good suggestion so good luck.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Yeah that sounds like a fine idea, by the way would you like some screen shots and instructions on "how to user PM? :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

It's Friday night and I don't care I am on the wine so will be trashed in about an hour or so :D

Only an hour ? You lightweight !!! :hilarious:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Huge squishy hug. There are many weather problems. I'd just finish it and send it with a message saying you had internet problems.
To be honest, I couldn't find their submission box and the letter or resubmission form didn't have instructions to say "after you finish, please submit it to so and so folder". Do I have to be Einstein to figure out where the submission folder is? Because of my deferred status I only had access to last years lectures, power point slides and recordings. I'd be quite angry if they said it is in this years 2019 module folder.
But internet problems eh? my computer is known for that because wifi isn't great. Unless my bf decided to buy me a 500m internet cable. :hilarious:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone
Such a busy day. The physio was brilliant and said I had great movement in both shoulders. Gave me some coloured rubbers for exercise.
On top of the world! I bought some onglet from the butchers' across the road and also replaced my phone, very old. The problem now is it won't accept my email& password for this site. Anyone whizzy has any ideas?
BG front is also making me happy 6.2 at lunch. Feel as though I'm back in the "semi-normal" land
Smiling at you all

Sue - Is logging into the forum your problem? If so, if you message me, I can check a few things, and if necessary, I can create a temporary password for you.

If you PM, could you please include the email address you used when you signed up to the forum?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Sue - Is logging into the forum your problem? If so, if you message me, I can check a few things, and if necessary, I can create a temporary password for you.

If you PM, could you please include the email address you used when you signed up to the forum?
Hi @DCUKMod having probs even sending a PM from the computer, just get an error message. Poooweee

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh completely, when I was younger and went out on pub crawls with friends I was banned from drinking until we reached the 4th pub, because I was a light weight :hilarious::hilarious:
My brother is the same - after 1/2 pt he was happy, 1 pt he was happier, 11/2 Pts he was anybodies and 2 Pts he was asleep

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a similar conversation with my mum about weight, she kept saying she isn't the same size 8-10 as me, although she is far more petite than I am. She was even more petite in her teens, I think something like 44-45kg. Apparently on the Asian BMI scale thats good. Since she had my brothers and I, she recovered well but she, in her eyes didn't go back to the size she was. This was demonstrated through her trying on my formal trousers that she wanted to borrow for my brother's graduation ceremony. She couldn't get her leg through and I was like mum you know I'm not that skinny. Nonetheless my mummy looks fantastic in whatever she wears.
I was skin and bone when I was in DKA, I think I was a wee 20kg 8 year old. I put weight back on during primary school, I felt it through my school clothes but I wasn't fat. When it came to secondary school from year 7 - 11, I shot up from chubby kid to size 12-14. DKA didn't help and bullying didn't help but consultant at the time wasn't concerned with my BMI of 27/28. Weight came off slowly towards finishing GCSE, I got into makeup when I was 17 and now I'm a squishy potato with ikea drawers stacked with makeup and clothes that are stretchy. If I'm honest, if by chance I'm pregnant, I wouldn't need to buy clothes because my bf has got me covered on that front. :hilarious::hilarious:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My bf is not a light weight but he is a very happy drunk. He had 1/4 bottle of whisky, not tipsy but cheery, half a bottle later he was extremely cheery and 3/4 bottle later, he'd confess to anything. By then he was out and sleeps. I've met aggressive drunks but my bf is just so happy, you can talk to him about anything. :hilarious:

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Apparently there are some power failures going on @SueJB that could, maybe, be affecting your internet provider in some way. Just a thought, maybe.........

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.

Have you hypo evidence you can show them? They might be amenable to you giving it in late if you’ve a good reason.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you hypo evidence you can show them? They might be amenable to you giving it in late if you’ve a good reason.
My uni is aware of my diabetes, they might need doctors evidence but I'm not too sure how you show someone you've hypoed.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My uni is aware of my diabetes, they might need doctors evidence but I'm not too sure how you show someone you've hypoed.

Mess around with this photo a bit in Photoshop until it looks vaguely like you, then email it to them - what more evidence could they possibly need?

fainting-victorian-lady.jpg

Reactions: SueJB

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
Hi Guys,
I lost my MiaoMiao in Brighton on Sunday.
Need to order a replacement.
Does anyone have a discount code?