Told I'm possibly diabetic... Help?

Mbarela

Ok so for the last few month's or so Ive been wicked fatigued... Been having shooting pains/tingling up my fingers and arms, and my feet show signs of terrible circulation...I mean, I practically have permanent sock imprints... I have a terrible diet and rarely exercise... So for the last couple of days... I've been nauseous, and Ive been waking up super tired... To the point where I can barely even move and the thirst... The thirst is so bad... It feels like Im in a coma type state... And I think its because of what I ate the day before... And that could be diabetes? My Heart keeps me awake sometimed and I'm only 21... I can feel it now pounding in my chest like steel drums... The last time I was really sick, my mother's friend (registered Nurse) told me I could be pre diabetic and gave me natural sugars and fruit and such... And almost instantly felt better... Do any of you correlate with these symptoms? There is something DEFINITELY wrong with my body...

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Go to your doctor and get a general check up.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok so for the last few month's or so Ive been wicked fatigued... Been having shooting pains/tingling up my fingers and arms, and my feet show signs of terrible circulation...I mean, I practically have permanent sock imprints... I have a terrible diet and rarely exercise... So for the last couple of days... I've been nauseous, and Ive been waking up super tired... To the point where I can barely even move and the thirst... The thirst is so bad... It feels like Im in a coma type state... And I think its because of what I ate the day before... And that could be diabetes? My Heart keeps me awake sometimed and I'm only 21... I can feel it now pounding in my chest like steel drums... The last time I was really sick, my mother's friend (registered Nurse) told me I could be pre diabetic and gave me natural sugars and fruit and such... And almost instantly felt better... Do any of you correlate with these symptoms? There is something DEFINITELY wrong with my body...
You really need to see a doctor. We can't diagnose on here, but what you're saying isn't the norm, especially for someone your age. It's worth it to get checked out. Ask for a HbA1c test, and maybe get your thyroid done too.

Good luck!
Jo

Reactions: Energize

Route 66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
You do need to see your GP and get yourself checked out. Don't leave it.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
So for the last couple of days... I've been nauseous, and Ive been waking up super tired... To the point where I can barely even move and the thirst... The thirst is so bad... It feels like Im in a coma type state...
You need to be checked out immediately. If it is diabetes (and we really can't do a diagnosis online) you need URGENT medical care, as untreated diabetes can put you into a coma and kill you. Assuming you are in the UK I'd suggest seeing a doctor immediately. If you can't get an appointment quickly, phone 111 and describe your symptoms.

Good luck. I hope you don't have diabetes but if you do don't panic. It is treatable.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I repeat the above advice. A doctor should be seen as a matter of urgency since there is something odd about your symptoms. Feeling better after eating sugar should usually only happen to a medicated diabetic and that registered nurse should have someone have a word with her also.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
The last time I was really sick, my mother's friend (registered Nurse) told me I could be pre diabetic and gave me natural sugars and fruit and such... And almost instantly felt better...

Sugars? Really? That's the LAST thing I'd take.

CommandoMum

You say you have a terrible diet and rarely exercise and you’re 21 - are you overweight? Sounds like you need to see a GP and improve your eating today.