What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Thursday, everyone, and Happy Birthday to my KittenCat. She is 15 today and I'd hoped to wrestle up a 5.something in her honor, but the 6.6 the meter gave me is better than some other readings I've wrung from it in recent days.

Meanwhile we are celebrating with a fishcake and a Magnum (even though I'm not in Five-0 Land yet).

g61035.gif
g61034.gif
g61034.gif
Just to clarify You are eating the magnum, right?:angelic:

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak here's hoping you were able to go back to bed despite your body and mind. To answer your question about the number of grooming tools required by us women -- I'm reminded of a TV commercial for weedkiller that I saw last night. IME men tend to think of firing salvos to mow down the whole field of troops, while women tend to want to pull each dragon's tooth out by the roots. Why we haven't all converted to razors is kind of like asking why all diabetics haven't converted to LCHF. Presumably Lauren of Arabia -- of all people -- can see the world in a grain of sand. :D (And I enjoy mixing metaphors as much as my mother enjoyed mixing ingredients for divinity and angel food cake. ;) )

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Buenas Dias Amigos. Just speed read the last couple of days. Have been too busy to post much and my FBGs have been early 7s for the past three mornings but come down to 5 in the afternoon as per usual. I am trying to be good though have succombed twice to one scoop of ice cream! Volumes of food and wine higher than usual probs the cause and it is very hot. Loving the time with the family and cant believe tomorrow is our last day. @SaskiaKC hope you have had a nice day and happy birthday to the KC. Hugs and purrs. @gennepher lovely heartwarming story about breakfast with your friend. No one here will swap chips for salad, I just order the salad extra and give my chips bar 6 to OH. @ianpspurs please dont stress about your higher FBG I think as others have suggested your body is readjusting from recent trauma. @Debandez you are unstoppable in your quest to help folk manage D better. Respect to you and Eric. @Bubbsie loving the stories about Frankie.
Hope you are all doing good. Normal service will be resumed at the weekend.
Stay well, stay safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon - this particular Thursday has just wizzed past.

The wonder wheel of where did my day go and cornering the market in pears and balancing on ladders gave out a 5.8 this morning - rotter!

Away tomorrow- this time a “cousins weekend” in the Lake District - should be fun. We are having a black tie dinner on Saturday - is that low carb? George boots out on some newspaper and the kiwi polish tin and cloth at the ready - hope Mrs Miggins can still remember how to do this.

Hope you are all fabulous - I will be shouting at the telly tonight but is Question Time getting a little bit tame? A little bit sad?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
loving the stories about Frankie.
He is exhausting PM...my friends wife described him as 'very intense' I thought that an odd description of his character...now after almost five days I know exactly what she means...he is a dear little fellow who wants to share everything with you...visits to the bathroom...the shower...breakfast lunch & dinner...then there's bedtime after his 'milk milk'...would you believe he has warm goats milk with a spoonful of coconut oil...sounds like the holiday was just what you needed

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
is Question Time getting a little bit tame? A little bit sad?
It's Fiona Bruce who puts a damper on 'lively' discussions...often chips in with her own views...not a patch on Dimbleby /Day no presence or charm...like some sort of automaton

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He is exhausting PM...my friends wife described him as 'very intense' I thought that an odd description of his character...now after almost five days I know exactly what she means...he is a dear little fellow who wants to share everything with you...visits to the bathroom...the shower...breakfast lunch & dinner...then there's bedtime after his 'milk milk'...would you believe he has warm goats milk with a spoonful of coconut oil...sounds like the holiday was just what you needed

This is why I converted to cats ... :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Buenas Dias Amigos. Just speed read the last couple of days. Have been too busy to post much and my FBGs have been early 7s for the past three mornings but come down to 5 in the afternoon as per usual. I am trying to be good though have succombed twice to one scoop of ice cream! Volumes of food and wine higher than usual probs the cause and it is very hot. Loving the time with the family and cant believe tomorrow is our last day. @SaskiaKC hope you have had a nice day and happy birthday to the KC. Hugs and purrs. @gennepher lovely heartwarming story about breakfast with your friend. No one here will swap chips for salad, I just order the salad extra and give my chips bar 6 to OH. @ianpspurs please dont stress about your higher FBG I think as others have suggested your body is readjusting from recent trauma. @Debandez you are unstoppable in your quest to help folk manage D better. Respect to you and Eric. @Bubbsie loving the stories about Frankie.
Hope you are all doing good. Normal service will be resumed at the weekend.
Stay well, stay safe.

It is great to hear that you are enjoying your holiday with your family. The KittenCat and I are having a nice but quiet day and I just got a voicemail message from a long-silent friend who called while I was in the shower. A nice surprise -- I just wish he'd waited 'til I was done and dressed!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon - this particular Thursday has just wizzed past.

The wonder wheel of where did my day go and cornering the market in pears and balancing on ladders gave out a 5.8 this morning - rotter!

Away tomorrow- this time a “cousins weekend” in the Lake District - should be fun. We are having a black tie dinner on Saturday - is that low carb? George boots out on some newspaper and the kiwi polish tin and cloth at the ready - hope Mrs Miggins can still remember how to do this.

Hope you are all fabulous - I will be shouting at the telly tonight but is Question Time getting a little bit tame? A little bit sad?

Kiwi! Aww ... I have happy memories of Saturday nights with a tin of Kiwi before Sunday mornings followed by Mondays. Have a wonderful time at the dinner. Surely black tie is high shine and low carb!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It does indeed @Bubbsie
It can make your day. It did mine. I was more upbeat after, and it affected the rest of my day’s interactions in a good way. It is like ‘sunshine’ spreads sunshine!
Have a good day :)

If truly "hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul," surely friendship is the butterfly that brings bright flashes of joy. This just appeared in my coloring app and I immediately thought of you and your friend.

31811-3de65a759c8474c6008b6d38d2fff8b3.jpg

Attachments

• image (1).png
    image (1).png
    735 KB · Views: 236