What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a warm but overcast start to the day here in French Froggy France. Supermarket yesterday to get essentials. Screw tops are not to be found it seems. Lunch, plat du jour, a starter of very small mussels with asparagus and beans, then rabbit with Toulouse sausages and vegetables. No pudding thanks. Home help arriving at 0930 this morning so Mrs Miggins and myself are going for an explore. There is an exhibition on at a local gallery to see and we can walk along the river. Art bit - tree sketch. Enjoy your day. I best make some koffy.

Attachments

• IMG_6115.jpeg
    IMG_6115.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
15.9 at 03.45! Ouch! Took my normal basal insulin and added 10u of the bolus. It's dropped now to 7.3. What on earth did I do to deserve that? Maybe some thing to do with the Covid jab. My arm was, and is, actually more sore than on other occasions. Not to worry, BG's OK now.

Not very warm here but looks reasonably bright atm.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning.

We are going to a funeral today. We have known Kath since 1976. She was our next door neighbour for many years until she moved in with her daughter down the road.

She was nearly 90 and had told her son she had had enough and was ready to go. She had multiple health issues for years and years but her husband who had no health issues died suddenly and unexpectedly at a much younger age.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Wildlife video.
That darned Magpie stealing what belongs to others
I know he has babies in the oak tree a few gardens away, and he is back and forth all day long...he even ventured into the bungalow when the dish of food ran out...
Magpie steals Cat Jade's food but she gets the last bit
52 secs

Creative...
A photo today.
The Honesty in my back garden.
I have loads of it hiding in the dark shadows of the undergrowth.
"What is Honesty? Honesty, speaking and acting truthfully, is more than not lying, deceiving, stealing, or cheating. It entails showing respect towards others and having integrity and self-awareness."...taken from a United Nations site.

That cheeky magpie has just put its head through my bedroom window...I've just roared at him...I do have a second dog barking alarm. I will set this up when I have posted this. Daughter didn't have time to set the first one up for me, son came on an earlier train, so I have been thinking of how to do it easily at the front, because it uses actual batteries, and I need to access the sensor easily to replace them...just designing a Heath Robinson contraption for the front window...
The one for the magpie will be easy to set up...

Have your best kind of day...

I think a cuppa tea is needed...

IMG_7069.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning.

We are going to a funeral today. We have known Kath since 1976. She was our next door neighbour for many years until she moved in with her daughter down the road.

She was nearly 90 and had told her son she had had enough and was ready to go. She had multiple health issues for years and years but her husband who had no health issues died suddenly and unexpectedly at a much younger age.
Special hugs for today @Krystyna23040

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a warm but overcast start to the day here in French Froggy France. Supermarket yesterday to get essentials. Screw tops are not to be found it seems. Lunch, plat du jour, a starter of very small mussels with asparagus and beans, then rabbit with Toulouse sausages and vegetables. No pudding thanks. Home help arriving at 0930 this morning so Mrs Miggins and myself are going for an explore. There is an exhibition on at a local gallery to see and we can walk along the river. Art bit - tree sketch. Enjoy your day. I best make some koffy.
Brilliant tree @dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen

Blood sugars this morning were a surprising 6.4 . I shall just say thank you.

Sorry, but for the next month I have a lot going on, therefore my posting might be sporadic.

Stay safe, live life to the full, have fun and share smiles with strangers. Now if you don’t mind it’s my turn to bark at the postman.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen

Blood sugars this morning were a surprising 6.4 . I shall just say thank you.

Sorry, but for the next month I have a lot going on, therefore my posting might be sporadic.

Stay safe, live life to the full, have fun and share smiles with strangers. Now if you don’t mind it’s my turn to bark at the postman.
Take care Alf
Lots of hugs from the endless basket of hugs for when you need them @alf_Josiah
1714122045154.gif

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a chilly but dry L.A. where we have some blue sky but precious little sunshine. No known fbg since I must be due a scan.so won't waste a sensor. I don't feel Stabbo gives me a full picture of events. Most food I would want to eat returns me to start (sometimes lower) within 2 hours but the journey would be unknown. @dunelm thank you for sharing the art and enjoy the stroll and exhibition. @gennepher thank you for the photograph. You obviously don't have the same problem as Billy. @alf_Josiah I hope the busy month is for pleasure related reasons but if not I hope things go well. @Krystyna23040 hug for the funeral. @Annb hug for the possible jab impact. Interesting how it may have affected you more as mine is booked for next Friday. Have e good day everyone.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all from a chilly but dry L.A. where we have some blue sky but precious little sunshine. No known fbg since I must be due a scan.so won't waste a sensor. I don't feel Stabbo gives me a full picture of events. Most food I would want to eat returns me to start (sometimes lower) within 2 hours but the journey would be unknown @dunelm thank you for sharing the art and enjoy the stroll and exhibition. @gennepher thank you for the photograph. You obviously don't have the same problem as Billy. @alf_Josiah I hopen the busy month is for pleasure related reasons but if not I hope things go well. @Krystyna23040 hug for the funeral. @Annb hug for the possible jab impact. Interesting how it may have affected you more as mine is booked for next Friday. Have e good day everyone.
Thankyou Ian and for the song

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a chilly but dry L.A. where we have some blue sky but precious little sunshine. No known fbg since I must be due a scan.so won't waste a sensor. I don't feel Stabbo gives me a full picture of events. Most food I would want to eat returns me to start (sometimes lower) within 2 hours but the journey would be unknown @dunelm thank you for sharing the art and enjoy the stroll and exhibition. @gennepher thank you for the photograph. You obviously don't have the same problem as Billy. @alf_Josiah I hopen the busy month is for pleasure related reasons but if not I hope things go well. @Krystyna23040 hug for the funeral. @Annb hug for the possible jab impact. Interesting how it may have affected you more as mine is booked for next Friday. Have e good day everyone.
Thank you @ianpspurs

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
6.4 again. Which in the scheme of the universe is not too bad.

at 12 noon, the sun was the only object in the beautiful blue sky.
but (I'm moaning again.) It is still only 7 degrees. The slight wind is still cold. Frost overnight, worried if the plants in garden will be okay. They are not flowering as they should be.

Had a restful day, Mrs L is catching up on hers.I
Lots of chores done.
Lots of upstairs, on stairs, downstairs cleaning for the weekend while I can done.
Now onto kitchen duties.

My best TFIF wishes for all of you lot, especially those who for some unknown reason entertain us with some splendid artwork.
And for those who dont.
Have a wonderful weekend, if you can.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Nighttime wildlife camera
Cat Midnight objects to someone, then Cat Jade is on Badger alert
52secs

Creative...using the Honesty photo of yesterday, I made 2 kaleidoscopes, and then I superimposed them.

The dog barking alarms work to deter the magpie. I do realise the magpie needs food for his babies, and so I put some cat food on a bird table for him, and some in another location, but the magpie didn't want the food in those two locations, but wanted what was in Jade's food dish under the swing. I am now giving Jade her food in a tight spot under the bushes and removing it the moment she finishes. I too would like to be out there without a magpie hovering somewhere above my head waiting to swoop. The sparrows and blackbirds are all feeding their young at the moment, and they are not happy with a magpie lurking...the magpie has some easily accessible food I have put in another location in my garden where there are no other baby birds in that vicinity...

My strategy last year for preventing the Sparrowhawk from swoop diving and taking the small birds at the bird feeders worked. I had cut a buddleia down, and had put the cut down budlieia between the trees in my garden, thus preventing the Sparrowhawk doing his swoop through. The Sparrowhawk came in from only one direction. I suppose it was the only vantage point for him for my bird feeders. Finally I didn't have to watch my poor little sparrows being picked off any more...

Time for a cuppa.

Have your best day...

IMG_7092.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a thunder during the night start here in France. Bit tired this morning - must have been the bridge too far 7 mile wander yesterday. Anyhow, it’s market day today so hope the rain holds off for a while to give the stall holders a fighting chance of making a crust. Art bit, some trees seen yesterday. Hope your Saturday holds you safe. I am late for my koffy this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_6124.jpeg
    IMG_6124.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 25

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning.

Thank you to everyone who commented on my. naughty treats post (predictive text wanted to insert magpie instead of treats).

Your comments really helped me devise a plan
of action. I realised that the biggest danger was that they become a habit so I will reserve them for special occasions only. So on our little holiday at the end of May I will have a desert with my meal at the hotel.

In the meantime I will stick to the low carb treats and take my Montazumas 100% and pecans on our trips out to NT parkland or have berries and Greek yoghurt when at home.