Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Have never had a flu jab. No need (prefer to ride them out), but I have absolutely zero fear of needles.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thanks for the replies, I'll happily collect my bee sting without worries now :)
(Provided I manage to find out when they'll be given. They tend to keep it a secret at my GP's office until the last week. And then they'll only advertise in the boring local newspaper which I never read and put a notice up in the practice where I hardly ever come...)
That is bad, as anyone with diabetes is on the NHS priority list. My surgery used to send me a letter now I get a text.
Double check they've remembered you are LADA and that staff actually know what that means?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That is bad, as anyone with diabetes is on the NHS priority list. My surgery used to send me a letter now I get a text.
Double check they've remembered you are LADA and that staff actually know what that means?
No NHS in the Netherlands, but as far as I'm aware most diabetics do get a heads up from their practice. The guidelines for the flu jab are the same for all diabetics, so it doesn't even matter if they don't know which type I am.
I made quite a scene last year about how much work it is to find out when to get the jab and they didn't seem to understand why I didn't understand how sending every patient with a chronic condition or over a certain age would be almost impossible. ******.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I fear they expect everyone with a chronic condition to sit at home all day, lonely and bored, and their highlights of the week are spelling out the stupid local newspaper and making frequent trips to the GP, nurse or pharmacy so impossible to miss the notification in the waiting room...

NinaB73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I spent a few years refusing the flu jab and then got the flu! Never again!
I have had many flu jabs and each has been different in reaction, some sore, some insanely itchy and some I never noticed! I think it just depends where it goes and that particular vaccine?!? I might be wrong but that is my experience!
And yes, I also needed the reminder! So thanks :)

Reactions: Antje77