Type 1'stars R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Robinredbreast , that sounds very unpleasant, and frustrating too with no GP available. Hope your bg's are behaving a bit and you'll be better soon!

Despite the nerves my review went perfectly fine and I even bought 2 pairs of very nice hand knitted (knit?) socks in the hospital. They were sold from a table with friendly ladies who knit them for the kidney foundation, and they were exactly what I had been looking for for a while :)
And I'm officially free from diabetes professionals for a whole year now, whoopwhoop!

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think I may have an UTI, I phoned my surgery and no GP's are available, so I am waiting for a consultation phone call from the duty GP, god it is uncomfortable and I think this is the first time I have had a UTI, I remember getting thrush when I was first diagnosed, but that was a long time ago, off to the loo again :arghh:

Hi @Robinredbreast hope its not a UTI as it can be quite uncomfortable. My missus has had a couple over past years or so. TBF once you have the medication it eases very quicly. Virtual hug

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Robinredbreast . UTI’s are not good. Cranberry juice is a great natural remedy BUT being diabetic doesn’t sit well with drinking copious amounts of the stuff.
Hopefully the GP can get you sorted.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all, my phone won't connect to my sensor, maybe because it's cold here, as Jack Frost has been about. So used my Accu-Chek and it's 3.4.
Happy Tuesday :)

Hi,

Did you get your sensor "talking?"

Was this a new sensor activation or scanning an existing Libre?

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
One of the many good things about my workplace is a set lunch break, and colleagues who are all of the sensible opinion that we work better if we've had our lunch and a wind-down from the morning if we're eating together in our room. Plus if I'm with students at lunch in the canteen Young Vampire and me, along with our new lunchtime companion, all get a "Queue Jump Card" so I don't even have to worry about the queues being horrendous this year. Mind you, it's really the students who get the "Queue Jump Card" and I benefit.

My colleagues are very determined I'm going to get into the 21st-century phone wise and I've been offered a 2nd hand smartphone to try, then buy if I like it. This is mostly because they have set up a Whatsapp group for our team and I'm the only one who can't join in at the moment. I'm more than happy not joining in that but I can see the sense of it for certain circumstances.

Operation Sort the Repeat Prescription List is done. At least, I hope it is, but I've been told to do exactly as I did this time and see the GP directly as there is a potential difficulty with one item not being on the system or it's been given an odd name! (As I was aware, it's GPs in my practice who deal with the clinic letters requests for changes, but it was good to have it confirmed.)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning, the GP I spoke to was brilliant, very helpful, friendly and explaining lots of things, I do have a UTI.
Friend went to get antibiotics, MacroBID, 100mg, 1 to be taken twice a day for 7 days. Can't go on the school run today, but hopefully I will be able to go tomorrow as I do feel a little better as it's not so intense and painful.:)
Hope you all have a great Wednesday :)

Thank you for your good wishes.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
whats everyones best remedy for a head cold had this going on 4 weeks now and cant shift it x

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
The water has gone down a bit. How come gardening makes my BG soar?

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@karen8967 I have found it works best to take a lot to prevent getting sick or help stop from getting sicker when I first get the symptoms, but I take a bunch of Golden Seal, Echinacea, Viracillin, Elderberry, Oregano, Olive. I hate getting sick. They’ve been stand byes for years, knock on wood.

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967 I have found it works best to take a lot to prevent getting sick or help stop from getting sicker when I first get the symptoms, but I take a bunch of Golden Seal, Echinacea, Viracillin, Elderberry, Oregano, Olive. I hate getting sick. They’ve been stand byes for years, knock on wood.
Thanks marie2 x

Reactions: Marie 2

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning, the GP I spoke to was brilliant, very helpful, friendly and explaining lots of things, I do have a UTI.
Friend went to get antibiotics, MacroBID, 100mg, 1 to be taken twice a day for 7 days. Can't go on the school run today, but hopefully I will be able to go tomorrow as I do feel a little better as it's not so intense and painful.:)
Hope you all have a great Wednesday :)

Thank you for your good wishes.

Oh dear, UTIs can be miserable. I've only had a couple, but the last one, a couple of years ago didn't quite go first time around.

RRB, if your symptoms carry on after the antibiotics, or start reappearing, please don't be brave. Go straight back to the Doc, with a sample they can have the lab test to ensure they've given you the best antibiotics to sort the bugs out.

(On an aside, I usually start antibiotics on a double dose, if they're standard, as opposed to nuclear bomb style. OK, it might increase the chances of gastric disruption, but to be frank, by the time I give in to antibiotics I usually feel dire anyway.)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy to report that the fifth disease virus seems to have left, leaving only some mild residual itch in eyes and neck :)
Not so happy it seems to have done so quite suddenly, leaving me with the task to adjust to a lesser insulin need equally suddenly.
Have handled 3 hypo's below 3.5 today and eaten the funniest foods in between to prevent even more hypo's.

In hindsight I'm very happy the virus was still keeping my numbers higher than usual when I had my review yesterday. At least I didn't have to show them today's graph while munching crisps!

Last edited:

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greetings fellow pumpers and prickers hope you are all doing well,

Well its been a decent week so far; eye test on Sunday and no change for 2nd year in a row. Was even advised that if anything my eyes have improved less diabetic retinopathy!!! issues. Not that i had much to begin with

Went to dentist today , my first check up in about 2 years. For the first time EVER I did not need anything done, not even a scale and polish, which i hate anyway. After a scale and polish its like a bloodbath normally. She just scrapped away a little tartar and that was it. No charge whoo hoo.

Even my BG have been half decent this week with Libre giving me a 7 day average BG of 7.0, which for me is excellent

I can of course pretty much guarantee that as soon as I have typed this my BG will go through the roof

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning everyone, going back on the school run this morning as the antibiotics kicked in and I do feel better, thank goodness for the antibiotics as Monday night i could barely move ( which had it's problems) and the pain was well, very sore. It's about a 2 hour straight run, so I should be okay today, fingers crossed, BG has been up and down.
Have a great day everyone and @karen8967 and @Antje77 get well soon xx

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@smc4761 still averaging 7 now? (post typing?)

@SueJB yes river is now back in it's box so too speak - still high but within it's banks (where I see it on my commute).

BGs have been up and down (more up though) within normal acceptable limits, no silly highs nor real lows, school report would be "C- could do better!"

Reactions: Marie 2 and porl69