Carnivore Corner

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stolen from a Facebook page. Couldn’t resist posting here.

5B4C37E6-622D-4BFF-A0F9-F2B5D4AFB872.jpeg

Reactions: bulkbiker

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thinking of trying a more carnivore WOE. Any recommended reading? Thanks.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I once saw a very disturbing pic of a baby made of roasted sausage meat (I think).
Won’t go looking for a pic to post, because, as i say, very disturbing...

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bought myself an Instant Pot on Black Friday. Made this using the slow cooking setting today - lamb breast marinated in olive oil, juice and zest of lemon and thyme. Delicious and some left for tomorrow.

Edited to correct typo.

BF8320FD-2A49-444A-A531-1F0C9910D557.jpeg

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oxtail next? If you can find some shin of beef that's really nice too.

I pressure cooked some oxtail yesterday (having had an epic fail trying to slow cook it the first time I used the IP). Shin of beef is good - my local butcher sometimes has it.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bought myself an Instant Pot on Black Friday. Made this using the slow cooking setting today - lamb breast marinated in olive oil, juice and zest of lemon and thyme. Delicious and some left for tomorrow.

Edited to correct typo.

View attachment 37203

I love lamb, but not as a leftovers option. Will you heat it again, so that the fat is soft again? It's the solidified fat that does it for me for lab leftovers.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love lamb, but not as a leftovers option. Will you heat it again, so that the fat is soft again? It's the solidified fat that does it for me for lab leftovers.

Yes, has to be heated again - like you don’t like the solid, cold fat, but it’s delicious warm. The smallest breast joint in Sainsbury’s was too big for a singleton. The remains will make a tasty lunch at work.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow thats freaky I love cold lamb fat but less keen on pork...

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.

You eat labs?? I've got a few here but they might be a bit chewy. ;)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal - This is my fave shin recipe. If course, there my be more non-carni stuff that you're comfy with, but it is lovely:

https://queenketo.com/keto-beef-shin-creamed-brussels-sprouts/

I do it in the IP, so half the liquid elements, then follow these complicated steps:

"Brown beef in frying pan. Add all ingredients to IP, and stir to combine/distribute, then 25 minutes on Manual/Pressure, then NPR. If necessary saute to reduce the sauce.

I don't usually do sprouts as MrB detests the little green jewels.

Takes all sorts. :)

Edited to add, I rarely brown in the IP as I catch my forearms on the inner pot (shorty), which can be ouchy.

Reactions: Goonergal

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We have a brilliant local butcher who sources his meat locally the beef at the moment is farmed about 3miles from where we live .My husband's Friday night meal has been steak with mushrooms and fried onions with fresh bread for years Asda has had beetroot burgers on offer for the last few weeks so I wondered whether he would like a nice cauliflower steak with some for tea on Friday !!!!:angelic:

Carol