LCHF

Hba1c5.8

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
those people on LCHF, what is your total cholesterol level, bad and good cholesterol

Hotpepper20000

those people on LCHF, what is your total cholesterol level, bad and good cholesterol
There is a lot of information and opinions on cholesterol on this site.
My opinion, after lots of research, is that I don’t believe the level matters and the media hype about it is just that hype. I no longer get it tested so it is not a worry.

Reactions: Hba1c5.8

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
D

Deleted member 308541

According to my Sri Lankan GP my cholesterol levels are "good good".

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn

Not interested in even looking at it ... and it's (IMO) rubbish anyway

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Total cholesterol hasn't changed for me on LCHF, but all ratios have improved. Trigs down, HDL up. LDL is only calculated (and hardly ever measured) anyway and tends to be overestimated using the Friedwald equation when trigs are very low.

Hope this helps.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't know - don't care really.
A lot lower than when eating a 'cholesterol lowering' high carb diet, with low fat everything - and I'm a lot thinner too - I was getting to be almost spherical eating all that stodge.

Hba1c5.8

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for all your reply, i was put on on a high dose of 80mg statin after my stroke in 2014, but i gradually reduced until i finally stopped it a year ago. I have also stopped taking my metformin. Just been to my local dr, and blood test results shows my total chol is 5.7. The aim is to maintain this below 3. Anyway i am due for another blood test in 3 months a and i have already started on a LCHF diet, its been 3 weeks now and my fasting reading is going down now. My average was 7.5 before LCHF, but now im getting ave 6.5. Just this mornig my fasting re a ding was 5.0 .

Reactions: Lotties

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Again, total cholesterol figures in signature, Apart for very weird low result early on (which i suspect is NOT total cholesterol), figures have been pretty stable on LCHF with and without statins. Since my body needs and makes cholesterol, I'm not bothered about my levels or breakdown into good/bad.