My new diet

Languagelearner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I was tested at 48 mmol/l for H1AC, and I have another test at the end of the month. I've decided to start a low-carb diet. Here is what I'm having every day:

1. 2 chicken breasts
3. scrambled egg, fried in butter, using 6 small eggs and whole milk, and with cheese sprinkled in.

2 cups of coffee a day with whole milk and sucralose.

Low-calorie squash to dilute.

that is it. I seem to be liking it so far. It'll be interesting to see if it can get me below 48 by the end of the month.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I was tested at 48 mmol/l for H1AC, and I have another test at the end of the month. I've decided to start a low-carb diet. Here is what I'm having every day:

1. 2 chicken breasts
3. scrambled egg, fried in butter, using 6 small eggs and whole milk, and with cheese sprinkled in.

that is it. I seem to be liking it so far. It'll be interesting to see if it can get me below 48 by the end of the month.
Doesn't sound like a lot of food.. and I'd swap out the milk in the coffee for double cream as it has more fat fewer carbs and is more satiating. Overall I'd say not enough fat to put off hunger.

Languagelearner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll try the double cream. Can you make scrambled eggs with double cream instead of milk?

EmmaorEva

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It sounds like that might get a little mundane after a while. I agree with bulkbiker on the double cream idea!

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

1. 2 chicken breasts

Coming to yours for breakfast, I will bring the bacon.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, my sister told me unsweetened soya milk can be used in scrambled eggs too.
Maybe it can - but why would you?
For a healthy diet - perhaps after a week on your regime, it might be wise to add in a large salad with your first meal and a stirfry with your last. Most people seem to manage normal glucose levels with about 50 gm of carbs a day. I seem particularly sensitive, but I want to stay off medication so I eat 40 gm of carbs as a maximum.
I eat twice a day and have two cups of coffee with cream.
I buy chicken thighs rather than fillets, and roast them on a rack so as to get crispy skin, and when making scrambled egg I put a thinly sliced tomato on top or fry some mushrooms. Sticking to a diet can be difficult if it gets boring.

Reactions: shetland
D

Deleted member 308541

I like the idea of incorporating mushrooms and tomato into a scrambled egg.
I put cheese and mushrooms into my three egg omelettes, with some bacon and fried tomatoes it sets me up to lunch time.

VO3RzFh.jpg

mouseee

Remember hba1c shows average of last three months so a change of a week or two may not make too much difference. However... it will long term. I more than halved mine in 3 months.

I echo the above... this has to be sustainable so don't be afraid to add some variety into your days.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried scrambled eggs with soya milk - and it was foul. I'm going to try to omelette suggestion someone gave above!
Yep I find that eggs and butter are the best combo whichever way, without adding more any liquid.
Personally I find soya juice revolting too.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
To make thin sheets of eggy goodness it is best to beat the eggs with a little water to thin them out - fry into thin pancakes, gently, in butter and keep them warm in the oven in a stack, then bring them out, roll them like a swiss roll and slice to make something which looks very like noodles.