COVID-19 can survive on soles for up to five days

lindisfel

Expert
Animals can stash food. Coal **** take as many sunflower hearts as they can, and hide them. The crafty blue ****, watch, dig them out and eat them.
A fox will kill all the chickens in a hen house and run off with one, to be going on with.

Was a bit disturbed by lengths the State is going to. To tip something into the blue lagoon to make it black and uninviting, is little extreme, hope it was not a pollutant?
Good job we are not run by Dr Strangelove, he would probably napalm the national parks.

When will these people get the.message to just walk from home once a day and stay home.
D.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Some people just never get the message until it's too late if at all.

I refer again to the first law of stupidity:
Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.

KimmieRidge

BANNED
All we can do is try and minimise the chances of catching this nasty stuff. Transfer of the virus seems almost impossible to prevent completely. The idea of using gloves to shop is a good one. I will need to get some though. No doubt they are all sold out. Then there are over shoes.... gloves for shoes type things...

Inchindown

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I really believe worrying about whether there could be virus on your shoes is worry to far. Short of licking them, or putting your foot in your mouth how is the virus going to get into your system. If your worried about virus droplets falling on your shoes, perhaps you should also worry about where else a virus droplet could land on you. Such as your clothes or even your hair if someone coughs out of an upstairs window as you walk by.

It's all very well trying to avoid getting infected, but worrying about shoes says to me that some people have lost perspective.

Stay safe but be sensible. If you really are worried about your shoes. Wash your hands after handling them.

KimmieRidge

BANNED
I bought a large tray of strawberries the other day. They were from Spain. I did dwell on not buying them for that reason. But bought them in the end. Was the picker wearing gloves? Was the packer wearing gloves. Was the shipper wearing gloves? So on and so forth.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I really believe worrying about whether there could be virus on your shoes is worry to far. Short of licking them, or putting your foot in your mouth how is the virus going to get into your system. If your worried about virus droplets falling on your shoes, perhaps you should also worry about where else a virus droplet could land on you. Such as your clothes or even your hair if someone coughs out of an upstairs window as you walk by.

It's all very well trying to avoid getting infected, but worrying about shoes says to me that some people have lost perspective.

Stay safe but be sensible. If you really are worried about your shoes. Wash your hands after handling them.
If you walk around your house with them on you are quite likely to spread the virus to surfaces you may touch you can get it on your hands while removing your shoes and there are many ways a virus can find to gain entry to your system apart from licking an object or person I'm sure most people don't greet each other with a lick that I believe is mainly found in the animal kingdom and yes you should be concerned about your clothes but this virus tends to hang about on hard non porous surfaces like the soles of your shoes.

A little paranoia might stand us in good stead in these times I think

Keep well and keep safe.
John

jrussell88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Change your shoes at the door.

I quarantine post and parcels, and quarantine or wash my shopping. And my hands.

Relative of a friend who is a senior medic, and on immunosuppressants does the same.

It's all about minimising the channels of transmission.

Plenty of people round here are unconcerned. They think they'll be fine, and ignore the guidelines when they're out.

Most will be. But not all.