Need help

jayday2020

hi I'm Jay I'm 41 8st 11. I suffer from bad anxiety . I get symtoms of lightheaded. Nausea. Tingling. In hands . But have I it I feel really tired and lightheaded. . I rang doc to ask for a dieabtes test he said I would have to wait until they are open in 3 weeks. So I got myself a test kit. My level was 4.7 in afternoon then 6.6 In moring then next day after eating 5.7 due to my anxiety and depression I'm not eating very well. I don't eat suger and inly drink water. I'm worrying myself mad. Any help would be great .

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi Jay. Welcome to the forums.

I've got to say that all those readings are in the normal (non-diabetic) range. So if you do have diabetes it is likely to still be at a very early stage. But hopefully your doctor will do some blood tests both to rule out diabetes and check out the many other possible causes for your symptoms eg vitamin deficiencies or blood pressure. (Though if it makes you feel better do a blood test next time you get your symptoms, as it's not impossible that it could be low blood sugar or hypoglycemia.)

Drinking water and avoiding sugar are healthy options for anyone, but you do need to eat enough other things to keep yourself going. Don't let anxiety give yourself an eating disorder, as that can be more dangerous than diabetes. (You don't say your height, so I can't tell whether you are underweight, but weight loss is not something that should be ignored.)

Good luck with your doctor's appointment and blood tests.

jayday2020

Hi thanks for the reply . I'm 5.3 ft . It's just I get tell if it's all anxitey and panic attack or something else. When I go back to doctors in 3 weeks. I will ask docs to do bloods test .

Reactions: Rubyjewelz

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @jayday ,

Welcome. To the forum.

A couple of random Home BG tests (in short.) don't mean Jack..

Best of wishes with a pro lab test with blood taken by an HCP.

Let us know how you get on...

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi I'm Jay I'm 41 8st 11. I suffer from bad anxiety . I get symtoms of lightheaded. Nausea. Tingling. In hands . But have I it I feel really tired and lightheaded. . I rang doc to ask for a dieabtes test he said I would have to wait until they are open in 3 weeks. So I got myself a test kit. My level was 4.7 in afternoon then 6.6 In moring then next day after eating 5.7 due to my anxiety and depression I'm not eating very well. I don't eat suger and inly drink water. I'm worrying myself mad. Any help would be great .
Random testing doesn't say much. If you test with some method to it, it'd be a lot more telling. Test before a meal and 2 hours after the first bite. You're aiming for a rise of no more than 2.0 mmol/l, generally, though for non-diabetics there's a bit more flexibility. We can't diagnose on here, but going from the rather random pricks you've done, your blood sugars look quite normal at first glance.

The symptoms you describe can go with a lot of issues, two of which being chronic hyperventilation and indeed, panic attacks. That'd be the anxiety at work, if that is the issue... Might want to talk to the doc about that. It's as much a medical issue as other things can be. We can't diagnose on here, but you haven't mentioned being thirsty 24/7 and weeing for England. Those would be rather big indicators. So take a breath, maybe some CBD oil to take the edge off (works for my anxiety & panic attacks), and go from there.
Hugs,
Jo

Reactions: EllieM

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome,

I would also agree that your first step should be getting some tests to get your HbA1c. I would suggest you do this so that hopefully if your test is negative that will relieve some of the anxiety. I also think irrespective of the result you need to get treated for your other conditions. Any chronic health problem needs to be dealt with so that you can thrive. Good luck and I hope you are able to get your conditions treated appropriately.