Sainsbury Uncle Bens Brown Rice Basmati Recall

Max68

Hi all,

Thought I would put this on here as I am sure a few of us try the old brown basmati rice and I have just checked two packs in my cupboard and they are part of the recall. Pleased I haven't had a tuna kedgeree for a while!!!

shop+well+for+less.jpg

Product Recall

Uncle Ben’s Brown Basmati 250g

Uncle+Bens.JPG

Uncle+Ben%E2%80%99s+Brown+Basmati+250g+Details.PNG

Dear Customer,

We have been made aware Uncle Ben are recalling their Brown Basmati Rice 250g pouches due to the potential presence of small pieces of glass in the product which makes the product unsafe to eat. They are asking customers who have purchased the affected packs from Sainsbury’s to dispose of them and contact Uncle Ben’s Careline for a full refund. No other best before dates or Uncle Ben’s products are affected and Uncle Ben’s would like to apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

For any concerns or questions please contact Uncle Ben’s Careline directly on 08009521234.

We would like to apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Yours sincerely

Sainsbury’s

Reactions: JRT

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Thanks for the info. It just goes to show that there are NO circumstances under which we should start trading with any country which has lower standards than ourselves.

Having written that I decided to check my "facts". I'd been led to believe that in the U.S. there are certain amounts of rat hairs, maggots etc that are allowed in food stuff. The wording is interesting because it doesn't say it's allowed, but it's acceptable so that legal action can't take place unless the prescribed limits are exceeded.

The Economist Intelligence Unit’s Global Food Security Index scored the USA 99.4 out of 100 for food safety, just shy of the UK’s perfect score. I think I'll be happy sticking with our 100% safety record, whether it's the same as the E.U. or not.

Reactions: KK123

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Is that because horse meat in lasagne is "safe" even though not expected?

I think the answer is yes. I'd sooner eat horse than rat hairs, maggots etc although I'm sure they're all perfectly good sources of protein. True, horse meat was banned in the 1930s but was available post war. I've read that Yorkshire was one of those counties where you could buy horse meat.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
The city of Shenzhen in china is banning dog meat and apart from dogs, the proposed act bars snake, frog and turtle meat from the dinner table but horse meat I think must be still on the menu as it's not mentioned.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
The city of Shenzhen in china is banning dog meat and apart from dogs, the proposed act bars snake, frog and turtle meat from the dinner table but horse meat I think must be still on the menu as it's not mentioned.
Lived and worked in China for 7 years, ate all of the above. Donkey was amazing, like a tender roast. I can’t see them doing away with frogs, frog legs are served all over Asia. Chairman Mao’s favorite dish was Hunan style frog legs

Reactions: JohnEGreen