3 months of keto

DSCLO

I was diagnosed in July following a routine blood test to rule out infection for a back/nerve problem. I’d been flat on my back for 6 weeks living on a diet of ready to eat pies and pasties, chicken wings, crisps, chocolate and bottles of Lucozade, coke and Fanta. My first reading was 88 and a follow up test was 86. I was told I needed to go on metformin but I said I wanted to do keto for 3 months to see if I could lower it. My GP agreed but my diabetic nurse was reluctant to wait 3 months to assess so booked me in for 6 weeks later. As it turned out I couldn’t make the 6 week appointment due to a work commitment but I had a phone appointment with the DN instead. I explained I had lost over 2 stone, that my ketostix were changing colour and I was back wearing shirts I’d previously been unable to fasten and my 34 inch jeans instead of the 40 inch ones before my test. The nurse was happy to extend the blood test recall to this Monday just gone. I’ve just phoned for the results and was told “ all normal - no further action”. I asked for my HBA1c result. 44!! I’m very happy with that. I know it’s still slightly above but it’s not gonna stop me celebrating the change. I’ve cut out all pasta, rice (other than cauliflower ), I’ve had fries 3 times and 2 pieces of garlic bread (rather than the whole thing). I’ve not had alcohol for 20 weeks (I might tonight though).
Just wanted to share.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Great work! Stick with the plan

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Excellent result, keep up the good work :)