Tested positive for CV-19

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m T1. I’ve spoken to the GP twice and keeping a close eye on my levels! Thank you for your support
Hope you soon will be over the worst and hope your BG settles to a good level very soon. Hope all your family recover well too.. virtual hugs

Reactions: Tugba

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
Aww Bex! I am glad it is over for you and I hope everyone is well.

Indeed, it affects people in different ways. I never had a fever or loss of taste/smell for example.

The fatigue continues, it’s been 13 days since contact. I’m hoping to return to work on a 2 month phased return which I am very grateful for!

Hoping this fatigue will go away soon xx
Thanks Tugba,
It was such a relief to put it behind us. I've been busy cleaning the house and am going to clean the oven next week so the fatigue is definitely improving (when kids back at school). The phased return is a good idea, that's what my sister did.
Hoping you're feeling back to normal again soon. B x

Tugba

Thanks Tugba,
It was such a relief to put it behind us. I've been busy cleaning the house and am going to clean the oven next week so the fatigue is definitely improving (when kids back at school). The phased return is a good idea, that's what my sister did.
Hoping you're feeling back to normal again soon. B x

I had a very bad headache yesterday, I slept for around 15 hours but better today! Hoping we won’t see long lasting effects of this xx

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
I had a very bad headache yesterday, I slept for around 15 hours but better today! Hoping we won’t see long lasting effects of this xx
It's a bit of a yoyo illness. Be kind to yourself and listen to your body. It is a worry isn't it, there has been so much in the press about those with long covid, even those who thought they'd had a mild illness. I barely thinking about it now which is a good sign. Take care x

Reactions: Tugba and Speedbird

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I hope you're on the mend soon. Keep us updated.

Tugba

It's a bit of a yoyo illness. Be kind to yourself and listen to your body. It is a worry isn't it, there has been so much in the press about those with long covid, even those who thought they'd had a mild illness. I barely thinking about it now which is a good sign. Take care x

Definitely! Come and goes sometimes but I am thinking of it less every day. Take care too xx

Tugba

Update- generally well. Did get a headache after working 4 hours on Wednesday but managed to nap it off. I must say, I cannot do a lot of housework or run errands. Keeping it on the low!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hope the headache recedes and you’re over it soon.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do take it easy and don't overdo it - if your house is anything like mine the housework will still be there waiting for you when you feel up to it - it's only housework - take care of yourself first and foremost!

Mcicheyl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
Hi all really glad I found this thread,really hope your doing well tugba, not something I'd wish on anyone x, I have recently tested positive for covid been type 1 for 28 odd years currently on day7 of isolation and every morning I wake up I have different symptoms, all of which are same as a few of you have posted, iV woke up this morning with a tightness in my chest now quite breathless when I stand up and no taste or smell since yesterday so don't feel like eating much, I'm a bit better than I was on Friday when my symptoms started but still not feeling , can anyone tell me how long it has taken for you to feel better or at least see an improvement as I feel just now it's never gonna happen ‍♀️ xx

Last edited:

Tugba

Do take it easy and don't overdo it - if your house is anything like mine the housework will still be there waiting for you when you feel up to it - it's only housework - take care of yourself first and foremost!

Glad that I live with my parents! I can hoover upstairs and am okay, for example. Just takes time x

Tugba

Hi all really glad I found this thread,really hope your doing well tugba, not something I'd wish on anyone x, I have recently tested positive for covid been type 1 for 28 odd years currently on day7 of isolation and every morning I wake up I have different symptoms, all of which are same as a few of you have posted, iV woke up this morning with a tightness in my chest now quite breathless when I stand up and no taste or smell since yesterday so don't feel like eating much, I'm a bit better than I was on Friday when my symptoms started but still not feeling , can anyone tell me how long it has taken for you to feel better or at least see an improvement as I feel just now it's never gonna happen ‍♀️ xx

Awww! I completely get you and don’t worry it will definitely come to an end!! I know how you feel but try to be optimistic about it maybe call your GP to get some antibiotics? My self isolation ended this Monday just gone and I feel much much better, much more energetic. Recovering slowly but surely! Take care of yourself and rest a lot xx

Reactions: TDavies

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad that I live with my parents! I can hoover upstairs and am okay, for example. Just takes time x
I am sure you are in good hands and being well looked after - hope you make a speedy recovery and take care

Cotchz900

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all!

Just got my test result back for covid and it is positive.. i have no symptoms really apart from a cough. Contact was probably around 8 days ago now. My sugars are fairly normal too, actually keep dropping weirdly...

Has anyone else had covid and what have their experience been?

Keep safe!
Hia, I had it just over a month ago, had no symptoms at all until a week after the positive? Just felt really tired, aches all over, felt sick a lot of the time but never was? Feeling a lot better now

Tugba

Hia, I had it just over a month ago, had no symptoms at all until a week after the positive? Just felt really tired, aches all over, felt sick a lot of the time but never was? Feeling a lot better now

I had nausea as well but just for a couple of days. I was ill anyway with a cold and was tired before my test came through. Like, extremely tired!! Glad you are feeling better x

Graham809

I have just come out of isolation after contracting covid. My symptoms included blocked sinuses, a really bad cough (which I still have), loss of taste (not yet returned) and fatigue. My blood sugar have dropped considerably resulting in many more hypos, especially at night. Luckily I can track them with Libreview so coped well with it. I have got to take antibiotics for the cough which I hope won't lady too long. Stay safe.

TDavies

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not diabetic, but live with and support my 87 year old mum who is T1.
I had covid end of March (no tests available then, but GPs thought it likely) and it definitely had a yo-yo effect for me; I kept thinking I was better and then it would come back again over and over, especially at my time of the month. I've heard other women have experienced this too.
I'm definitely recovered now though! Took a few months!
My mum had mild symptoms, just cough, fatigue and chest tightness, but was much less ill than me!!!
She now needs more insulin than before, but I'm not sure if that had anything to do with covid or not.

Reactions: Mrs T 123 and Tugba

Tugba

I have just come out of isolation after contracting covid. My symptoms included blocked sinuses, a really bad cough (which I still have), loss of taste (not yet returned) and fatigue. My blood sugar have dropped considerably resulting in many more hypos, especially at night. Luckily I can track them with Libreview so coped well with it. I have got to take antibiotics for the cough which I hope won't lady too long. Stay safe.

Sounds quite similar to my symptoms. I have dexcom so was able to manage quite well as well. I do get tired quicker than usual though, i.e. if i study or work a lot. Stay safe!

Tugba

I'm not diabetic, but live with and support my 87 year old mum who is T1.
I had covid end of March (no tests available then, but GPs thought it likely) and it definitely had a yo-yo effect for me; I kept thinking I was better and then it would come back again over and over, especially at my time of the month. I've heard other women have experienced this too.
I'm definitely recovered now though! Took a few months!
My mum had mild symptoms, just cough, fatigue and chest tightness, but was much less ill than me!!!
She now needs more insulin than before, but I'm not sure if that had anything to do with covid or not.

I hope that yo-yo effect goes away soon and i completely get it, i have experienced that too! Im glad she’s well as well. I’ve been having to take more insulin too and i don’t know if it’s because the time of the month is arriving or just the aftermath of covid!