Can someone help relieve my anxiety

loveofnini

Sugar normally spills over into the urine when your bg goes above 10 mmol/l or 180 mg /dl depending on whether you are using uk or us units for blood sugar. Ketones become an issue only when combined with high blood sugar it is perfectly normal to run low levels of ketones if you are either fasting or just on a low carb diet.[/QUO

Just got my test results back and blood glucose levels are in a completely normal range doctor says I’m not diabetic. Thank you guys so much on reviving my stress and anxiety

loveofnini

Going days without eating has likely put you into something called nutritional ketosis. That's perfectly normal, and has nothing to do with diabetes. Some type 2 diabetics were or seemed asymptomatic at diagnosis, but from the sound of it, you're fine, diabetes-wise. If you're worried about ketones that aren't connected to perfectly healthy nutritional ketosis, well, those are usually linked to T1, and you'd almost certainly get symptoms then. Especially the thirst and weeing. We can't diagnose on here, but odds are you're fine.

That said, if anxiety is getting to you, get the tests done. Peace of mind is more than worth it, especially in a year that has everyone running on empty.

Just got my test results back and blood glucose levels are in a completely normal range doctor says I’m not diabetic. Thank you guys so much on reviving my stress and anxiety

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm happy for you! And we're here to help, it's kinda what we do. ;) Glad to have been of some use!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I had a urine analysis done a few days ago I went in for a uti but they did all the normal check ins and tests as well.

I was negative for glucose and protein in my urine but I had some ketones which I was told was due to that my body was on a fast and that I hadn’t ate.

I haven’t been feeling any symptoms like excessive thirst or frequent urination and but I’ve lost my appetite and haven’t been eating at all. I also noticed out of random tingles in my feet. This occurred after I started doing diabetes research when I saw ketones are a symptom. And my anxiety has been really out of wack lately since I’ve been thinking I could be diabetic.

any thoughts? I’m of course getting a blood test as soon as I can. But I just wanna know if I’m stressing or is their a serious issue.
You have no symptoms to suggest you are diabetic. Its not unusual for some ketones to be present if you've been fasting. Glucose does only appear in urine once it goes over a certain level in the blood. So the way to tell if a patient is diabetic is a blood glucose test. You could ask for one, & some chemists do them (for a charge), but grom what you say, you have no symptoms so I'm not sure why you think you have it.