Can someone help relieve my anxiety

loveofnini

I had a urine analysis done a few days ago I went in for a uti but they did all the normal check ins and tests as well.

I was negative for glucose and protein in my urine but I had some ketones which I was told was due to that my body was on a fast and that I hadn’t ate.

I haven’t been feeling any symptoms like excessive thirst or frequent urination and but I’ve lost my appetite and haven’t been eating at all. I also noticed out of random tingles in my feet. This occurred after I started doing diabetes research when I saw ketones are a symptom. And my anxiety has been really out of wack lately since I’ve been thinking I could be diabetic.

any thoughts? I’m of course getting a blood test as soon as I can. But I just wanna know if I’m stressing or is their a serious issue.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
ketones are not exactly a symptom of diabetes.
If you had not eaten for some time before the test then ketones would have been produced quite naturally, as you were using energy stores .

loveofnini

If you had not eaten for some time before the test then ketones would have been produced quite naturally, as you were using energy stores .

should glucose ever be urine? Do diabetics always have glucose in urine? If I had no glucose in my urine should I still be worried?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
'Diabetics' covers a wide range of conditions.
I have never detected glucose in my urine, but I keep my levels in the normal range by eating low carb.
It can really only be diagnosed by a doctor and by blood tests, but there's no need to be overly concerned if you don't have major symptoms.

loveofnini

I was reading up a lot and watching tons of videos and it said that sometimes when your blood sugar is too high it spills into the urine. But yes I’m not having any major symptoms. My last blood test was in January and it didn’t raise any concerns because the doctor didn’t say anything was abnormal. But I’m gonna get a blood test just to relieve myself of the anxiety.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I was reading up a lot and watching tons of videos and it said that sometimes when your blood sugar is too high it spills into the urine. But yes I’m not having any major symptoms. My last blood test was in January and it didn’t raise any concerns because the doctor didn’t say anything was abnormal. But I’m gonna get a blood test just to relieve myself of the anxiety.

If it helps with the anxiety, then go ahead and get the tests done.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Sugar normally spills over into the urine when your bg goes above 10 mmol/l or 180 mg /dl depending on whether you are using uk or us units for blood sugar. Ketones become an issue only when combined with high blood sugar it is perfectly normal to run low levels of ketones if you are either fasting or just on a low carb diet.

loveofnini

Sugar normally spills over into the urine when your bg goes above 10 mmol/l or 180 mg /dl depending on whether you are using uk or us units for blood sugar. Ketones become an issue only when combined with high blood sugar it is perfectly normal to run low levels of ketones if you are either fasting or just on a low carb diet.

If I was diabetic would I have the main symptoms of increased thirst, frequent urination, increased appetite. Cause everything has been the complete opposite I’m neither hungry or thirsty. And haven’t really in days.

could an undiagnosed diabetic go days without eating?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If I was diabetic would I have the main symptoms of increased thirst, frequent urination, increased appetite. Cause everything has been the complete opposite I’m neither hungry or thirsty. And haven’t really in days.

Going days without eating has likely put you into something called nutritional ketosis. That's perfectly normal, and has nothing to do with diabetes. Some type 2 diabetics were or seemed asymptomatic at diagnosis, but from the sound of it, you're fine, diabetes-wise. If you're worried about ketones that aren't connected to perfectly healthy nutritional ketosis, well, those are usually linked to T1, and you'd almost certainly get symptoms then. Especially the thirst and weeing. We can't diagnose on here, but odds are you're fine.

That said, if anxiety is getting to you, get the tests done. Peace of mind is more than worth it, especially in a year that has everyone running on empty.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs

Given your age I am more concerned about your lack of appetite than any possibility that you might have diabetes (which a doctor will be able to easily diagnose if he or she thinks it might be an issue). Stress and prolonged fasting can make people slip into eating disorder territory where your body can no longer be relied on to tell you when you need to eat. Hopefully this is not the case for you but I think some reassurance from a doctor might help you.

Good luck, I hope you get some help and feel better soon.

loveofnini

What about the tingling and numbness I feel? I hear that’s a symptom of diabetic neuropathy. That would be the only symptom I have.

loveofnini

Given your age I am more concerned about your lack of appetite than any possibility that you might have diabetes (which a doctor will be able to easily diagnose if he or she thinks it might be an issue). Stress and prolonged fasting can make people slip into eating disorder territory where your body can no longer be relied on to tell you when you need to eat. Hopefully this is not the case for you but I think some reassurance from a doctor might help you.

Good luck, I hope you get some help and feel better soon.

I just have been anxious and don’t have an appetite at all I don’t feel hungry or thirsty. I just keep worrying and worrying. The biggest concern is the tingling I feel through my body.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just have been anxious and don’t have an appetite at all I don’t feel hungry or thirsty. I just keep worrying and worrying. The biggest concern is the tingling I feel through my body.
Tingling can be anything. Even as simple as vitamin b deficiency, or low potassium. Or even hyperventilation! (When I'm stressed, hyperventilation becomes chronic and I end up tingly all over) If you're getting bloodwork done anyway, might as well ask for a full panel.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah I’m staring to realize it happens more and more when I think about this and worry and keep worrying
Then you may have your answer already. If this keeps preying on your mind though, don't hesitate to get in touch with your gp and share your concerns. They might have some comfort/reassurance for you.

Hugs,
Jo

Ps: CBD oil helps with anxiety, panic attacks and sleepless nights. Just so you know. Holland & Barret carry a reliable brand.

loveofnini

Just got my test results back and blood glucose levels are in a completely normal range doctor says I’m not diabetic. Thank you guys so much on reviving my stress and anxiety

Reactions: oldgreymare