Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I want to thank everyone for your very kind and thoughtful words. It means a lot.
I miss her.

When my Pebbles suddenly died in August, I was absolutely heartbroken :( When I think of my beloved Pebbles, I have such lovely memories and photo's of her <3

Reactions: Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Watching It's a Wonderful Life on Tv with the wonderful James Stewart

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, sending everyone rona free love.

My diabetes has strangely been good, like I’m cured. I had takeaway and I didn’t spike. I had breakfast straight after my bolus and I didn’t spike, what is this magic happening? I had a snack - teeny tiny mince pie with a packet of crisps, I didn’t spike. I’m very very shookth.

My time for rona vaccine is soon and I hope everything will be okay. One of the residents is type 1 and she tested positive for COVID-19 so my ppe has been upgraded. On a light hearted note, I think my next upgrade is a hazmat suit. Enjoy the weekend!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Marie 2 I am so very sorry about Kai. The only way I cope with losses like this is to remind myself that I wouldn't have missed having them in my life, and how we feel when they leave us is the price we pay for that. And it hurts. You cared for her so well, she was lucky to have found you. Sending lots of virtual hugs xx

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Hello friends, sending everyone rona free love.

My diabetes has strangely been good, like I’m cured. I had takeaway and I didn’t spike. I had breakfast straight after my bolus and I didn’t spike, what is this magic happening? I had a snack - teeny tiny mince pie with a packet of crisps, I didn’t spike. I’m very very shookth.

My time for rona vaccine is soon and I hope everything will be okay. One of the residents is type 1 and she tested positive for COVID-19 so my ppe has been upgraded. On a light hearted note, I think my next upgrade is a hazmat suit. Enjoy the weekend!

We all want our D cured too! Do us next! Make us cured!

Sorry about your friend. Hopefully the Rona doesn’t hurt her too badly. For some it goes okay, and others it’s very bad. I’ll hope for the best for her.

And I hope you don’t wait until Christmas for the hazmat suit. You kind of need it NOW! One with a hood and oxygen tank! And a nice decontamination chamber for when you get home and have to take it off. We all might become germophobes after this.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We all want our D cured too! Do us next! Make us cured!

Sorry about your friend. Hopefully the Rona doesn’t hurt her too badly. For some it goes okay, and others it’s very bad. I’ll hope for the best for her.

And I hope you don’t wait until Christmas for the hazmat suit. You kind of need it NOW! One with a hood and oxygen tank! And a nice decontamination chamber for when you get home and have to take it off. We all might become germophobes after this.

That made me cackle! It’ll be like the alien movies for sure. She seems fine at the moment, which to me is worrying because some people have it without showing symptoms. I’ll definitely send diabetes cure everyone’s way.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
That made me cackle! It’ll be like the alien movies for sure. She seems fine at the moment, which to me is worrying because some people have it without showing symptoms. I’ll definitely send diabetes cure everyone’s way.

Hurry up because we want to be able to eat chocolate!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1599480656358.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning, just. Still self isolating, BG have been very up and down, whenever I do an activity my levels drop, even with less Insulin. I redecorated my feature wall in the lounge over the weekend and I had to stuff my face with food, it is so frustrating
Hopefully back to work on Wednesday.
Take care and stay safe

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello I had my rona vaccine, it was strangely less painful than the flu vaccine. I wasn’t expecting it to be busy, but it was busy, lots of queues and waiting for the vaccine. They did take longer than 5 mins, because it needs a doctor authorisation and signature and everyone had to wait 15 mins after the vaccine. They had a hospital bed ready for anyone who has a reaction to it.

But I’m alive, I was slightly high before the vaccine but I’ve been okay since.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone. I hope your all well.
So things haven't really changed regarding the hospital as I've still not been seen, I've had a few waist of time phone calls from them and made to feel an inconvenience. But my nurse from the GP surgery has been great. I had a phone call from her today and she mentioned that there could be a possibility that I need testing for lada or mody. I don't really know much about either of these. Has anyone got any info or links please.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi everyone. I hope your all well.
So things haven't really changed regarding the hospital as I've still not been seen, I've had a few waist of time phone calls from them and made to feel an inconvenience. But my nurse from the GP surgery has been great. I had a phone call from her today and she mentioned that there could be a possibility that I need testing for lada or mody. I don't really know much about either of these. Has anyone got any info or links please.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_mody.html

Savefor later
latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (lada)
Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults is called LADA for short. It's a different form of diabetes.
What is LADA?

It's a type of diabetes which seems to straddle type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Bits of it are more like type 1, and other bits are more like type 2. That's why some people call it type 1.5 diabetes or type 1 ½ diabetes.

It’s not actually classified as a separate type of diabetes at the moment, but there's some medical research going on to try and pinpoint exactly what makes it different from type 1 and type 2 diabetes.

What are the symptoms of LADA?
The symptoms of LADA are the same as type 1 and type 2 diabetes:

• passing urine a lot
  • feeling very thirsty
  • getting really tired
  • getting thinner.
But they generally come on much slower than they do with type 1, over months rather than weeks. And the symptoms are more obvious and often come on more quickly than you’d expect with type 2.

And whereas being overweight is a major risk factor for type 2 diabetes, people with LADA tend to have a healthy weight.

Diagnosing LADA
Diagnosing LADA can be difficult, and some people are diagnosed with having type 2 diabetes by mistake.

If you have LADA, you'll usually have antibodies in your blood that are usually found in people with type 1. These are found using something called a GADA antibody test.

It's usually diagnosed in people aged 30 to 50 years old.

Treating LADA
LADA straddles type 1 and type 2 diabetes with elements of both. You’ll usually start taking oral medication, usually metformin, and go on to insulin as your blood sugar levels start to go up. You tend to go on to insulin much quicker than you would normally if you had type 2 diabetes.

But there isn’t a definite, agreed way of managing LADA yet.

Action LADA is looking at both how common LADA is and how best to look after it. Until this study shares its findings, most healthcare professionals agree that the aim of treatment is to keep insulin being produced for as long as possible. So it’s recommended that insulin treatment is started early.

The research is also looking at whether anything can be done to delay the need for insulin.

LADA isn’t recognised as a separate type of diabetes yet. So when it comes to treatment, the most important thing is to take whatever medication helps you manage your blood sugar levels properly. That will help keep you well in the short term and help avoid complications of diabetes in the future.

Remember you can always speak to your healthcare team, or join our online support forum to chat to other people with diabetes and ask questions.

Neonatal diabetes
Maturity onset diabetes of the young (MODY)
Wolfram syndrome
Gestational diabetes
Alström Syndrome
Type 3c diabetes
Steroid-induced diabetes

charlie%20350x200.jpg
Good luck is getting a proper dianosis.
"One day my GP said to me ‘you’ve probably got LADA.’"
Member and fundraiser Charlie on the shock of diagnosis, and how a positive attitude helped him cope after finding out he had a rarer form of diabetes.

The only person I know with Mody is a women in her 30's. It runs in her family and tends to affect females more.
Good luck in getting a proper diagnosis.

Reactions: Clivethedrive

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Hi all, I hope everyone is doing well.
I have been very busy lately with a new PC game that has come out, me and my partner have gotten quite addicted to it and it’s all we have done over the past few days!
Back to work though today, wasn’t too bad, very quiet actually and hoping it lasts that way until after new year when I have regenerated! Got 11 days off in total over Christmas and New Year which will be nice!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, I hope everyone is doing well.
I have been very busy lately with a new PC game that has come out, me and my partner have gotten quite addicted to it and it’s all we have done over the past few days!
Back to work though today, wasn’t too bad, very quiet actually and hoping it lasts that way until after new year when I have regenerated! Got 11 days off in total over Christmas and New Year which will be nice!

Is it cyberpunk 2077?

Reactions: Choosehappy