Covid-19 vaccine invitation

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got my vaccinations text messages from GP surgery to book my jab.

I have decided to decline the jab due my health already in a bad way. Blood sugar is high and i feel awful; if i took the jab i cannot imagine what else could happen. I know ppl taking first jab and few weeks later another jab; this all doesn't make any sense but i feel if i get the vaccine i probably might have worse side effects due to my high blood sugars. I know i declined the vaccine but i will talk to the DN to see what i should do. Some ppl in my family have told me to MAN-UP and get it done and others told me i would die if i didn't get it; i will probably call up my GP surgery and book it and if anything happens its life.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had my jab on Saturday and initially my blood sugars went down. They then rose a little bit for a couple of days only and now back to normal. You have to weigh up the possible risk of dying if you catch Covid, against the possibility of slightly higher blood sugar for a few days. I was slightly nervous of having it, but am so glad I've had it. We're all different, but the vaccines have been well researched and trials happened, and now over 12 million people safely vaccinated in the uk alone. The only other side effect I had was feeling shivery which paracetamol soon sorted out.

Reactions: Sad21+

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, if you have read anything about my condition, I have to control my blood sugar levels, because I will become ill if I don't, so I had to weigh all the pros and cons.
What I will say that my wife, her father and myself all have blood sugar problems and I assure you that it won't make you any worse than you already are.
None of us have had any side effects except for a small sore arm, where the needle went in.
So, you're a bit wary of side effects? But the alternative is much worse, unless you have already had covid, you don't have any protection against this horrible virus.
And because of your health, if you get covid, then it is more than likely do more harm than the vaccination will.
We have had well over the number of dead, than you can imagine, I have family on the front line, now most of them have had the vaccination. Because they have seen the virus in action and what it does to you.
@zand has had covid and is still suffering long covid.
I would strongly advise you to rethink and get the jab, you will feel more safe, when you know you have protection.
And then you can start to get control of your blood sugar levels.

Keep safe

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my first jab earlier today, so far so good but I will take a couple of tablets before bed. Dad, 96. had his a few weeks ago, no reaction whatever. Youngest daughter felt rubbish for a few days - all had the Pfizer so no rhyme or reason for feeling different just the way it was. Her eldest has had Covid recently- while just a few weeks pregnant.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, if you have read anything about my condition, I have to control my blood sugar levels, because I will become ill if I don't, so I had to weigh all the pros and cons.
What I will say that my wife, her father and myself all have blood sugar problems and I assure you that it won't make you any worse than you already are.
None of us have had any side effects except for a small sore arm, where the needle went in.
So, you're a bit wary of side effects? But the alternative is much worse, unless you have already had covid, you don't have any protection against this horrible virus.
And because of your health, if you get covid, then it is more than likely do more harm than the vaccination will.
We have had well over the number of dead, than you can imagine, I have family on the front line, now most of them have had the vaccination. Because they have seen the virus in action and what it does to you.
@zand has had covid and is still suffering long covid.
I would strongly advise you to rethink and get the jab, you will feel more safe, when you know you have protection.
And then you can start to get control of your blood sugar levels.

Keep safe

I will need to call up again and and tell the receptionists that i have changed my mind and to book me in for a jab; since she's taken me of the list now will see what can happen.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had the jab last Thursday, and I had some reaction to it - sore throat and neck a bit swollen, a very slight increase in temperature, like half a degree, but I am usually almost a degree below normal anyway, and tinnitus - but for the last couple of days, I feel really rather well.
The tinnitus is almost gone, hardly noticeable now.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had the jab last Thursday, and I had some reaction to it - sore throat and neck a bit swollen, a very slight increase in temperature, like half a degree, but I am usually almost a degree below normal anyway, and tinnitus - but for the last couple of days, I feel really rather well.
The tinnitus is almost gone, hardly noticeable now.

I have read many people having side effects but some people who don't have none? Makes no sense

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Of course it makes sense.:banghead:

Reactions: zand

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I will need to call up again and and tell the receptionists that i have changed my mind and to book me in for a jab; since she's taken me of the list now will see what can happen.
I've known other people do that, and there's never been a problem getting it. It's also been said at Downing St briefings as well.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have read many people having side effects but some people who don't have none? Makes no sense
We're all different, and our bodies react differently to the vaccine, just like 2 people can take the same tablet for the same condition and it helps one person, but not the other.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had Covid19 back in March. I was not ill enough to go to hospital. I think (?) that maybe I have just got over Long Covid, but of course it may still be lurking. I intend to have the jab when it is offered because the worst side effects I have seen last merely a week. A week, as opposed to 11 months is a no brainer for me.

I tend to take the view that I am lucky that I am able to have vaccinations, some people can't. I have any vaccination for myself and to help protect those who don't have the choice.

I was very disappointed earlier this week when I got a call from the surgery to ask me to go for blood tests so that I could get a repeat prescription. I thought for a moment that it was at last my turn. But alas no.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
J had mine on February 8th, much earlier than expected, sore arm for a few days, but that was it, Type 1, 32 years.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had Covid19 back in March. I was not ill enough to go to hospital. I think (?) that maybe I have just got over Long Covid, but of course it may still be lurking. I intend to have the jab when it is offered because the worst side effects I have seen last merely a week. A week, as opposed to 11 months is a no brainer for me.

I tend to take the view that I am lucky that I am able to have vaccinations, some people can't. I have any vaccination for myself and to help protect those who don't have the choice.

I was very disappointed earlier this week when I got a call from the surgery to ask me to go for blood tests so that I could get a repeat prescription. I thought for a moment that it was at last my turn. But alas no.
Had a text this afternoon. Got a jab booked for Tuesday. :)