What was Your Worst A1C And Have You Improved it.

ssnjimb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What was Your Worst A1C And Have You Improved it. ?

Mine is currently 9.2% (77 mmol/mol)
In March 2020 it was 9.9% (85 mmol/mol)

I was Diagnosed December 2012 It has taken me many years to Finally Grasp Diabetes and Now I have made some big changes to my Diet.

James

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What was Your Worst A1C And Have You Improved it. ?

Mine is currently 9.2% (77 mmol/mol)
In March 2020 it was 9.9% (85 mmol/mol)

I was Diagnosed December 2012 It has taken me many years to Finally Grasp Diabetes and Now I have made some big changes to my Diet.

James
Congratulations on the drop.

I don't know my diagnosis levels (Feb 2008) but I suspect a lot higher. From my records I can see back to 2012, I was 78 in February 2020 which was my highest, and most recent reading a few months ago was 38

the drugs I was on kept my readings controlled for a long time so I didn’t really take control properly until the pandemic

ssnjimb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello :)

I didnt really take control until the pandemic either :)

Well done in getting your HbA1c to 38 thats a great effort :)

James

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello :)

I didnt really take control until the pandemic either :)

Well done in getting your HbA1c to 38 thats a great effort :)

James
Thank you. I’m now drug free so might not be as good when it comes around again in a few months but I can hope

Reactions: ssnjimb

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The worst I have in my records was 88(10.2) and 92 (10.6) during my A-level years (many many years ago), no idea what I was when I was diagnosed as the HbA1c didn't exist back then and whilst I know I had big blood tests between diagnosis and my A-levels I have found no record of any but it could well have been higher.

Now I'm at 45 (6.3) and this is mainly due to the libre turning up, the CGM made a humungous difference to my control, the newer tech makes it all so much easier :)

Reactions: ssnjimb

ssnjimb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh yes im so glad the Libra showed up. I told my diabetes consultant its like having a crystal ball for diabetes. no more sticking needles in my fingers anymore.

What year did HBA1C come in?

88 and 92 are similar to me tbh.

I can no longer eat haribo, i loved them :-( lol or butterkist toffee popcorn. anything like that makes me feel really ill.

45 is a really good number :) The libre was a really good step in the right direction.

James

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I dont know what my HbA1c was when I was diagnosed back in 2010 but the highest it has been is 105 in 2014. It was never really in control until the most recent one in Feb 2021 at 39 that too without any medication just by switching to a LCHF diet and alternate day fasting. :)

ssnjimb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am trying to eat foods that keep me full.

Breakfast is usually Onken or Yeo Valley Raspberry yoghurt with fresh raspberrys and plain malted wheat shreddies.
Ryvita Dark Rye is my favourite. though i do have a pot noodle with that (Jerk chicken) For lunch.
Dinner in the evening i usually have Jacket Potato's or a naughty m and s microwave meal.

I was not using the correct insulin doses prior to lockdown. Im trying my best now to lower my hba1c :)

James

Reactions: oldgreymare

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think it was around 17 on diagnoses, last one was 7.1 still a way to go, but getting there

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What year did HBA1C come in?
Sometime in the 80's I think, I don't have any records of it before the early 90's of though, but this may just because records have been lost/destroyed or still at some doctors I was with way back when.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Worst I’ve had is 10.2

The last 9 months it’s been improving

The last 6 months I’ve been on a pump

My estimate of next hba1c is 6.7. My estimate is normally within 0.2

It’s still dropping slightly every week

ssnjimb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am not using a pump.

Whenever I ask. Due to having Cystic Fibrosis Related Diabetes, I am Not Eligable. Despite Still having "Diabetes"

There May be reasons BUT, The reasons are holding Me back from Further Improving My HBA1C

Keep up the great work Searley :) :) :)

James

Wanderer89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The thing with this is it doesn’t show the full picture. Many hypos and it looks better than what it actually is! Worst has been 61, best was 44 this year. Lockdown has actually helped my control! Less drinking/eating rubbish and more focusing on my health.

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
At diagnosis mine was 127 (13.8%). With aggressive insulin therapy and many hypos! down to 53 (7%), but then a decade of yoyoing around 64 - 75 (8 - 9%). Since self funding a CGM achieved my best ever result - 47 (6.4%).

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine was 16% (gulp), I think that's around 151. Thank goodness it has improved and now sits around 6%.

Reactions: Wanderer89

ssnjimb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankyou For Sharing Your HBA1C's I sure have a long way to go. But i believe i will do it :)

Reactions: Dr Snoddy