Low carb diet

Manno

Hi,

So after over 30yrs of being diabetic and being led down the path of you should be eating a high carb diet, I’ve now decided to try a low carb diet in the hope of getting better control. Any suggestions on a easy low carb diet?

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No pasta, rice, grains, potatoes, "real food" lots of green leafy veg, protein and enough fat so you're not hungry. Limited fruit (berries are best)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

So after over 30yrs of being diabetic and being led down the path of you should be eating a high carb diet, I’ve now decided to try a low carb diet in the hope of getting better control. Any suggestions on a easy low carb diet?

Hi @Manno , dietdoctor is a great resource. but if you fancy something you can hold onto and refer back to forever, the Low Carb Kickstarter is a nice publication, with some fab ideas.

You can find it here: https://shop.diabetes.co.uk/collect...cts/low-carb-kickstarter?utm_source=SlideShow

Aremjay

I just keep to a very simple diet for six days and then one day a week is our special meal day where I don’t count carbs.
My diet consists of protein (in any form) my normal is steak/chop/fish/prawns/chicken/lamb/pork plus a large salad or a plate of vegetable mainly green. So kale, spinach, broccoli, green beans, cauliflower or onion/tomato/peppers fried up.
Sounds boring but I enjoy these meals better than any keto recipe. I cut out fruit any carbs above 16g a day.
I lost 20kg over six months aiming to get down to 85kgs but stuck at 100kg for the last few. My insulin in now only Metformin whereas it was Metformin and insulin injections 4x day. My blood glucose is now under 7mmol all day. I measure 2hrs after a meal and on waking. I bought keto books but found measuring quantities myself easier to keep the carbs down. I now know what 100g of cabbage looks like, lol.

Reactions: lcarter