Is there a glucose monitor for Dummies?

• Thread starter Deleted member 545366
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 545366

Have you tried double cream?
I put it in my tea,.. although the milk element in tea is fairly unlikely to be a significant source of carbs unless you have chai lattes.

Not in tea. I think it would spoil the tea (and not help my cholesterol). Not sure I could face cream in tea - coffee maybe but only have one or two at weekends and they are lattes as a treat. Might stop those though.

I could easily drink 8 mugs of tea in a day.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not in tea. I think it would spoil the tea (and not help my cholesterol)

its surprisingly nice once you get used to it.. as for cholesterol... if you don't eat it your body makes it for you...plus its protective in older women..

D

Deleted member 545366

its surprisingly nice once you get used to it.. as for cholesterol... if you don't eat it your body makes it for you...plus its protective in older women..

I have higher cholesterol than I should, the bad one, supposed to avoid full fat milk, cheese etc.

I am trying to figure out how to deal with higher cholesterol, lower thyroid, and high blood glucose, all at the same time, and remain pescetarian although would prefer to cut out the fish.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you get plain Ceylon tea, and don't brew it too long, it's nice without milk. I was a big one for my milk tea, but I honestly prefer it black now. Yorkshire tea works too, PG tips- that sort of thing, but it tends to get too astringent quite quickly: if you switch from the breakfast blends to a single leaf tea it's more forgiving. Darjeeling is best without milk, but Ceylon is usually good, Assam is fine. You could also look into Earl Grey or Chinese tea- those are good milk-free options.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have higher cholesterol than I should, the bad one, supposed to avoid full fat milk, cheese etc.
There's not really any such thing as "bad" cholesterol just inconvenient numbers.
I only eat full fat products.

D

Deleted member 545366

There's not really any such thing as "bad" cholesterol just inconvenient numbers.
I only eat full fat products.

I still eat full fat but after heart scans, the works, my LDL is too high and there is heart disease in my family so am aware of the 'good' and 'bad'. However, I still have the same level of LDL as when I had the tests but am aware of what to avoid or eat less of. I have cut down on certain things and cut out others.

My Vit D is also too low and that affects a lot of things.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 545366

If you get plain Ceylon tea, and don't brew it too long, it's nice without milk. I was a big one for my milk tea, but I honestly prefer it black now. Yorkshire tea works too, PG tips- that sort of thing, but it tends to get too astringent quite quickly: if you switch from the breakfast blends to a single leaf tea it's more forgiving. Darjeeling is best without milk, but Ceylon is usually good, Assam is fine. You could also look into Earl Grey or Chinese tea- those are good milk-free options.

Thank you :). I do have a selection of teas, not as many as I used to, but nothing beats a cup of builders tea, I end up putting the others down and forgetting to drink them. I have Yorkshire Gold but couldn't face it without milk :yuck:. Will add something different to the shopping list though, already have Earl Grey, Lapsang Souchong and heaven knows what else at the back of the shelf so will get something else, good idea, thanks.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
how many times can I use one lancet
Thats a how long is a piece of string question. As long as you feel comfortable is the answer. At first I tried changing weekly, now 16 months in, its over 3 months since I last changed it, but in the early days I was using it 7 or more times a day, now its only about 4 times a week. I'll change it again when the mood takes me, or when it starts hurting whichever comes first