Type 1 - Looking for any comments on my graph please

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Please can anyone comment or ask me some questions on my graph from yesterday Tue, 19 Apr?

Screenshot_20220420-142711.jpg

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
You need to contact your DN for feedback. Your sharp downwards fall looks frightening. It looks like you took a correction dose after your initial meal insulin dose which has caused your insulin to stack and crash. My consultant only wants to see rolling hills. I only take correction doses 4 to 5 hours after a meal and with food to achieve rolling curves or hills.

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You need to contact your DN for feedback. Your sharp downwards fall looks frightening. It looks like you took a correction dose after your initial meal insulin dose which has caused your insulin to stack and crash. My consultant only wants to see rolling hills. I only take correction doses 4 to 5 hours after a meal and with food to achieve rolling curves or hills.

Hi @ert and thank you for your reply and comments. I use the MySugr bolus advisor - at breakfast time 10:20 and bgl was 12.9 I had 4.5u for food and 1.5u correction dose then no more insulin until lunchtime which was 14:41 so 4 hours and 21 minutes and the insulin advised was only for food.

After the 12.9 bgl at breakfast time it climbed to 13.8 at 11:31 then 15.9 at 11:55 then was the sharp downwards fall until 14:42 lunchtime.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Your graph looks like a Lord of the Rings landscape so its possible your carb to insulin ratin is off or you are stacking doses (not quite clear from the notes)....
Remember that if you have a sharp fall even if you don't go into the red it will feel like a crash and you will be inclined to over correct with food so you are high again. Its a rollercoaster to break out another analogy.
I'd also add that my own chart can look like this particularly when it so very hard to get your bg down with insulin that is injected rather than made by your own body.
Your time in range is not bad at all but if you can even things out a bit so its less Cairngorns and more Malvern Hills, you may feel better all round (physically and emotionally).

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry, no suggestions but I know exactly how you feel, mine have been like this last couple of days on 20mg gliclazide & Pencillin, the rapid down feels awful doesn’t it?

Hi @DEBBIESCOTT thank you for your reply and it doesn't matter that you don't have any suggestions. Tbh when the sharp drop happened I didn't feel any different :)

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @ert and thank you for your reply and comments. I use the MySugr bolus advisor - at breakfast time 10:20 and bgl was 12.9 I had 4.5u for food and 1.5u correction dose then no more insulin until lunchtime which was 14:41 so 4 hours and 21 minutes and the insulin advised was only for food.

After the 12.9 bgl at breakfast time it climbed to 13.8 at 11:31 then 15.9 at 11:55 then was the sharp downwards fall until 14:42 lunchtime.
Yep and sometimes the insulin doesn't do what it says on the label i.e. last 4 hours precisely.
What was your breakfast and has this changed from your normal ? Are you stressed or throwing dumb bells around etc? Both can keep glucose high.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting

You must then start by checking your basal insulin. For your blood sugars to rise to 12.9 by 10.20 am without eating, it would suggest you need to contact your DN and get your basal insulin checked. The basal test will involve you meal skipping or eating no carbs for certain meals.

Reactions: thewestiesmum

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Please can anyone comment or ask me some questions on my graph from yesterday Tue, 19 Apr?

View attachment 54246

Hi,

“pop quiz…” :) Could you expand n the notes you took with your graph please?

Where the redline lows checked with your meter?

To be fair. You will get peaks & troughs as you find your way with your own condition..

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
My first thought was, well done! But after reading comments, my reaction probably says more about me than you lol

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My first thought was, well done! But after reading comments, my reaction probably says more about me than you lol

It’s a day in a life.. Blimey, being a mod on this forum don’t keep me within healthy parameters.
I’ve had days like this wrestling the dodgy profile of Lantus, low carbing? Or even fasting…

Reactions: Fenn

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep and sometimes the insulin doesn't do what it says on the label i.e. last 4 hours precisely.
What was your breakfast and has this changed from your normal ? Are you stressed or throwing dumb bells around etc? Both can keep glucose high.

You might have hit the nail on the head there because my breakfast was slightly different in that I had toast but thick sliced instead of my usual medium sliced. I'm not stressed or certainly don't feel it.

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

“pop quiz…” :) Could you expand n the notes you took with your graph please?

Where the redline lows checked with your meter?

To be fair. You will get peaks & troughs as you find your way with your own condition..

Hi @Jaylee thanks for your comment on my 'pop quiz' lol.

What do you mean when you say "could you expand the notes you took with your graph please"

The red line low at 14:57 was checked with my meter - scan at 14:57 was 3.3 and meter was 3.7.

Re the peaks and troughs be because my target 'range' on my libre 2 is set to the standard 3.9-10.0 but my bolus advisor 'level' is set to 6.0-10.0 if this is the case then I'm waiting to speak with my DSN about the level on my bolus advisor.

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
NOW THIS IS INTERESTING BECAUSE
on Wed, 20 Apr I get exactly the same sharp drop

Screenshot_20220421-093656.jpg

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A simple suggestion for you - turn your phone & view the graph in landscape format. It gives a more sensible view & will look less alarming. It helps, honestly!

Reactions: EllieM and Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A simple suggestion for you - turn your phone & view the graph in landscape format. It gives a more sensible view & will look less alarming. It helps, honestly!

Nice idea.. one can get landscape with other 3rd party apps..
To the best of my knowledge is it possible with Librelink?

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nice idea.. one can get landscape with other 3rd party apps..
To the best of my knowledge is it possible with Librelink?
Good point. I use xDrip+ and it didn't occur to me that other apps wouldn't work in landscape. A shortcoming if so.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good point. I use xDrip+ and it didn't occur to me that other apps wouldn't work in landscape. A shortcoming if so.

Yep, xdrip, back in the day. GLIMP. & I use Diabox..
Librelink won't swivel for me.. :)

But your idea does chop visual sense into it..