What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @Charlotte73 and welcome back to this FBG thread. We're pleased you could join us once again.

18.6 mmol/L! Is that all? That FBG reading is awfully high, as I think you realise. Please telephone your GP's surgery first thing tomorrow morning and ask for the earliest available appointment with your doctor. Don't wait for them to contact you. S/he may want to adjust your medication.

Once again, welcome

Good suggestion!

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.My numbers are nothing to write home about, so I'm not posting them!I do envy those of you that keep steady numbers.
Evening @flonvic.

Unfortunately, the body adapts to the continued presence of a drug and IME switching to an alternative medication (or dropping one altogether) seldom proceeds smoothly at first.

It's frustrating when the delicate balance that we strive so hard to achieve is disrupted. Wishing you a good night's sleep tonight, Tomorrow's another day.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All 7.0 on repeat. @flonvic and @mojo37 sending you both huge hugs and encouragement to stick with it and get through it. This condition is never easy but We are your biggest cheerleaders. Hope so much @Estragon and @callyandy are just taking a break and so hope you are both well. Thursday again so that means Chunky cod fingers in my life!

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All 7.0 on repeat. @flonvic and @mojo37 sending you both huge hugs and encouragement to stick with it and get through it. This condition is never easy but We are your biggest cheerleaders. Hope so much @Estragon and @callyandy are just taking a break and so hope you are both well. Thursday again so that means Chunky cod fingers in my life!
Hi honey, yup just taking a break while there's work being done on the house... chaos for 3 and a half weeks and counting... I'm thinking of adopting the builders as they're all lovely (though having 7 of them in the house for a while was a bit crowded - it's only ickle!) Thank you for thinking of me. "Normal" service will resume sometime soonish. x

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another late post, FBG 5.2 this morning first thing. Didn’t bother yesterday cos in a rush and by the time I remembered I’d had a bath, got dressed and had breakfast, so bit of a waste of time. And test strips, that reminds me, nearly out.