"What have you eaten" Parallel Chat

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I'll stick to this thread in future if others still continue to use it. The main "What have you eaten..." is getting to be a bit unfriendly. Not entirely sure how to get this link onto the main one but I'll give it a try.
I'll come over here too if most people I'm used to seeing on the other thread are here.

I think a couple of lines for context is enough sometimes but definitely not always, and I want to be able to comment on other people's posts. Context can't always be encapsulated in a line or two and I don't know about anyone else but I post about my day's food for theraputic reasons as much as anything, so that does sometimes mean a bit of a rant or whine or celebration and I want to rant, whine and celebrate with others too.

Apologies for lack of responses to posts already here x

Today -

Eating early again, I must do a few days of OMAD again soon. I'm so ready to get a daily gardening fix but the garden is saturated! When is this good weather supposed to be coming?!

11.30am
Kefir
3 slices of bacon, 3 fried eggs
Greek yogurt with cream

Later will be minced beef cooked in marrowbone broth
More greek yogurt and cream
Pork puffs

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I will also move over here because I really want to follow the camaraderie! I have felt for a long time that my reported meals wouldn’t inspire anybody. I am a lazy cook and have repetitive simple meals but I like reading what others eat and I like the accountability for my food intake and there's a vulnerability shared sometimes through illness or stress to go off piste (me especially!). I hope most of the usual gang will come over.
Today brekkie was usual slice of Lc toast, cooled with thick butter, copious tea (2 large mugs). Lunch was really late because spent the morning playing with 4 mo grandson who has a new play mat with 4 large piano keys which he kicks to play a tune. He’s now also able to pull his foot up to his mouth. Lots of giggling and babbling ensued. So piece of mature cheddar, 4 small water biscuits, tea.
Supper just me this evening so am roasting two whole chicken legs and a couple of Portobello mushrooms.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Gosh your finger wound looks very impressive! I would have definitley had to go down the medical route for removal of the stitches and possibly with an anesthetic spray! Wonder if you will be left with a permanent smile scar on that finger?
Thanks for sharing photos too of your neighbour good to see as you have shared so many stories - as you say very cute.
I hope it will give me a permanent scar, multiple people have commented that my finger looks very happy with it's smiley face, and @JoKalsbeek came up with the genius plan to have two eyes tattood above it. :hilarious:
Will do if the scars stays very visible! :joyful:
I hope I can also be considered ‘a friend’ .
We've been friends for a pretty good while now. ;)

ravensmitten

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is a long time since I indulged in a bit of yogurt making. Anyone like coconut yogurt?
A few of us tried experimenting, long time ago.

I love coconut in/on my yoghurt, i tend to toast a bit and throw it on, but will check this link out because I do intend on making some actual coconut yog, yum. thank you.

Sorry to hear of the experience you had, sounds awful - at least my experience it came out as a "joke" although I didn't really find it funny.

ravensmitten

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope it will give me a permanent scar, multiple people have commented that my finger looks very happy with it's smiley face, and @JoKalsbeek came up with the genius plan to have two eyes tattood above it. :hilarious:
Will do if the scars stays very visible! :joyful:

We've been friends for a pretty good while now. ;)

:joyful:

You have to at least do this in pen and take a photo when it's all healed/no infection risk.

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I took your post as you intended @Annb rather than it’s become hostile.

I really should start making yogurt, can go through buckets of it, a “normal” sized pot of Greek style yoghurt is gone by the next day here!

Mum used to make some years ago in small pots in a little heated contraption, used to have a distinctive smell at first. Never tried making it myself so that post was very useful thanks. @shelley262
Several of the new instapot/ multi function pots have a yogurt setting too if you have one of those.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
:joyful:

You have to at least do this in pen and take a photo when it's all healed/no infection risk.
Already did this morning, right when @JoKalsbeek told me to get that tattoo! :joyful:

1713544714839.png

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Naw, if they still like me after oversharing the crazy stuff happening in my private life, they can definitely handle me being friends with the strict mod. ;)
Ahem,
My preferred adjectives would be kind, equitable, knowledgeable, protective, loyal.
I guess I have to settle for the friendship, rather than your appraisal though, eh @Antje77 .:bag:

ravensmitten

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Several of the new instapot/ multi function pots have a yogurt setting too if you have one of those.

Makes me wonder if the thing I've got is one of those. it's like a multi-function slow cooker pot type thingy, so it might be time to actually read the instructions for it.

Thanks, I wouldn't have even thought about that.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ahem,
My preferred adjectives would be kind, equitable, knowledgeable, protective, loyal.
I agree with all of them, and I think the 'strict' falls under protective and loyal.
You're very protective of a forum you dearly love, and I know as well as you do that sometimes unpopular decisions have to be made when you're a mod. Besides, you were only the messenger, all mod decisions are team decisions.

I was very happy to read what you've eaten on the main thread after your struggles!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll leave you all to enjoy this revived and suddenly lively thread, please keep posting food on the main one, I'm off to get drunk with my neighbour, it's weekend!
All for scientific purposes of course, I need more data on those mysterious lows. :angelic:
Enjoy your weekend Antje. And enjoy your weekend @Pipp. In fact, enjoy your weekend everyone. Must go and sort through even more books that Neil has unearthed - 2 boxes already filled ready to go to the charity shop.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Enjoy your weekend Antje. And enjoy your weekend @Pipp. In fact, enjoy your weekend everyone. Must go and sort through even more books that Neil has unearthed - 2 boxes already filled ready to go to the charity shop.
I think my weekend will be a bit ‘tamer’ than @Antje77 ‘s. o_O
I too need to sort through the books, that although loved are gathering dust, and could bring joy to someone else if I donate them.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I think my weekend will be a bit ‘tamer’ than @Antje77 ‘s. o_O
I too need to sort through the books, that although loved are gathering dust, and could bring joy to someone else if I donate them.
One of the books Neil found amongst my technical ones was "Annals of the Disruption" written in 1843. Neither of us can remember buying it, although, to be honest, it's Neil that haunts 2nd hand bookshops. I'm hanging on to it though - it looks interesting, especially since one of Neil's ancestors was an early mover in the Scottish religious Disruption. Heavy read though.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I took your post as you intended @Annb rather than it’s become hostile.

I really should start making yogurt, can go through buckets of it, a “normal” sized pot of Greek style yoghurt is gone by the next day here!

Mum used to make some years ago in small pots in a little heated contraption, used to have a distinctive smell at first. Never tried making it myself so that post was very useful thanks. @shelley262
Its both loads cheaper and I feel tastier too. Uht whole milk cheaper plus can store in cupboard until ready to make next batch.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll come over here too if most people I'm used to seeing on the other thread are here.

I think a couple of lines for context is enough sometimes but definitely not always, and I want to be able to comment on other people's posts. Context can't always be encapsulated in a line or two and I don't know about anyone else but I post about my day's food for theraputic reasons as much as anything, so that does sometimes mean a bit of a rant or whine or celebration and I want to rant, whine and celebrate with others too.

Apologies for lack of responses to posts already here x

Today -

Eating early again, I must do a few days of OMAD again soon. I'm so ready to get a daily gardening fix but the garden is saturated! When is this good weather supposed to be coming?!

11.30am
Kefir
3 slices of bacon, 3 fried eggs
Greek yogurt with cream

Later will be minced beef cooked in marrowbone broth
More greek yogurt and cream
Pork puffs
I'll probably try and do both - provided I remember. Some days it's a struggle to even just list my food when I'm hectic but I try to do so if possible to keep myself accountable but when I have time I love a good chat and hearing news so I will aim to do both.
As a carer of an adult son - our eldest -who struggles with independent living because of his multiple disabilities life can be complex at times and a bit unpredictable.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Enjoy your evening @Antje77 sounds fun.

I've just booked to attend the PHC conference on a virtual basis again this year. I'd recommend it lots of interesting stuff to listen to. I'm particularly keen on the cholesterol and mental health discussions on day 2.
I'd love to go in person as I did two years ago when it was held in Bristol but not practical for me this year cost of needing to stay several nights in South London and travel there and back.

sueh21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone, hope all well. Glad we can continue chatting and following others news and adventures.Really enjoying our interrail trip. Long travel day today from Ljubljana to Vienna and boy it’s chilly here. Have an apartment for the weekend so will be easier to keep low carb.Just been to a an Italian chain restaurant called Vapiano where they had courgetti as a pasta alternative,never seen that before,was yummy with a prawn and spinach sauce and stocked up at the supermarket and found low carb bread,hurray! Have a good weekend everyone.