Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillianre

Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

6.1 this morning and I'm really not sure what i'm doing wrong!!!!!

I normally have a 4.8 reading and am normally under control and watch what I eat etc. Nothing has changed in my diet or excercise so........ :(

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

8.2 this morning, my best yet. Only been diagnosed last Thursday at 16, so I think this is good as I am trying so hard and have been on a Low calorie, low/no sugar diet since. No bread (occasional burgon etc) no pasta no nothing, just a bit of meat fish eggs and lots of salads and veg.

FractalFragger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hi Peeps,

since being diagnosed my morning fasting reading has been ranging between 8.4 - 9.0. i would like to know is this normal. literally the day after i was told i immediately cut out ALL sugary foods and drinks in favour of flavoured water and fruit. I'm trying to watch what i eat and i NEVER eat after 7pm anymore.

Can anyone give me some more hints and tips for a T2 on healthy eating??

Kind regards
Mark

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods

4.8 this morning :)

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.

5.2 this morning

desidiabulum

6.2 -- back to normal (for me, anyway). My pancreas has stopped winding me up. I will join the experts with persistent low 5s at some point, but not for a while. Moderate carbs and everything low GI gets me through busy days -- sorry but i can't face strict low carb diet for the time being.

Defren

5.3 which is a little disappointing as I feel much better, and I am back to normal. Shame my FBG is still a little high. :cry:

A

Anonymous

4.8 this morning :)

Botch

Hi All,

New here but my morning fasting reading is usually about 11.3. Minimal food and physical work if I am lucky I can get it down as low as 6.4 ish by late afternoon.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods

4.9 this morning

desidiabulum

4.7. Wow :shock: I told you my pancreas has a sense of humour -- deliberately embarrassing me after what I posted yesterday. It's a fluke, and now it will drive me mad trying to work out what I did right. Still, i have glimpsed the Promised Land. Don't you get a nice view from here!

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

FractalFragger said:
Hi Peeps,

since being diagnosed my morning fasting reading has been ranging between 8.4 - 9.0. i would like to know is this normal. literally the day after i was told i immediately cut out ALL sugary foods and drinks in favour of flavoured water and fruit. I'm trying to watch what i eat and i NEVER eat after 7pm anymore.

Can anyone give me some more hints and tips for a T2 on healthy eating??

Kind regards
Mark

Hi Mark

The NICE guidelines for BG levels in a Type 2 are as follows:

between 4 and 7 fasting/before meals;
less than 8.5 two hours after eating.

You probably have 'Dawn Phenomenon' at the moment, which is much discussed elsewhere on here - try using the Search facility. As you get better control it will disappear. A small snack before bed (eg 2 oatcakes plus a bit of cheese) can give you enough glucose to keep you going overnight, so your liver doesn't need to give you any extra to get you up in the morning!

Have you had Daisy1's advice for newcomers? Most of us think that controlling all carbohydrates is the answer to controlling our levels. I have weight to lose, so I use a slightly modified version of the Atkins Induction Phase diet, which can be found in the Sticky Thread section (Viv's Modified Atkins Diet). If you want more carbs than 30g daily, pick a level (usually around 100g - 130g per day), buy yourself a carb counter book (Collins do a portable one in their Gem series) and add in low GI carbs to that level. You'll soon see an improvement. An easy way to think of a good diet for a Type 2 is, no underground vegetables, and nothing made with white flour; tiny portions of rice and pasta, and both brown.

Do you have a blood glucose monitor? Test just before and 2 hours after evey meal - you'll soon find what you can and can't eat.

My fasting level today - 5.1 at 06.30.

Viv 8)

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.

I was 5.5 this morning. On the nights when I have dreams my levels are always higher in the morning.

A

Anonymous

4.6 this morning... hmmm going a bit low again. :( After some news yesterday arvo I thought my BGLs may go through the roof.

gillianre

This morning - 6.6 getting worse!!!!!!!

Going to have to have a rethink.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods

5.0 this morning

FractalFragger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

7.0 this morning

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.

5.2 this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.