Another 4%er - but only just

Grazer

borofergie said:
I think that we should chase Def off the forum now that she's cured. Bloody ex-diabetics coming here and taunting us with their sugar-free/fat-free blood. Boo. Hiss.

Quite right. AND she should give us her 50 free strips a month.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Hey Jo just got in. Great work, absolutely fantastic result! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

storyman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Grazer said:
borofergie said:
I think that we should chase Def off the forum now that she's cured. Bloody ex-diabetics coming here and taunting us with their sugar-free/fat-free blood. Boo. Hiss.

Quite right. AND she should give us her 50 free strips a month.

What 50 free strips a month?? Not here in Somerset.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Hi Defren

Really well done! As someone else said, you have really worked hard for this and you deserve it :clap: :clap: :clap: :p

Only one tiny nit to pick (sorry!) - your triglycerides are still a little too high - target is below 1.7. But don't let that spoil your party. The only way is down. :wink:

Balirob, if you've been running high for a long time, you may still be feeling 'hypo-ish' at a higher level than others. And we are all different - 5s may be right for you.

Viv 8)

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
that is great great news Jo....well done girl!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, that's great.

HOWEVER, having said that, if the doctor is prepared to put pen to paper, it could be handy. I pay extra for travel insurance, life insurance is more expensive, etc. If you can get normal premiums again it could be worth while?

I contacted my private health/life insurance and they said no change to my policy and no extra charge.

Grazer

BioHaZarD said:
I contacted my private health/life insurance and they said no change to my policy and no extra charge.

Do you mean no increase to existing policies? That's right, but wait till you take out NEW policies. Get some online quotes for example for annual travel insurance with and without diabetes declared!

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Absolutely FANTASTIC!!! (doin' a dance)

Jo, would you post your results in the thread I stared too? It means we can really keep tabs on who achieves this and how.

wiflib

Defren

wiflib said:
Absolutely FANTASTIC!!! (doin' a dance)

Jo, would you post your results in the thread I stared too? It means we can really keep tabs on who achieves this and how.

wiflib

Thanks Libby, I was dancing a bit too :lol: Yes course I will add them to your thread.

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Grazer said:
BioHaZarD said:

Do you mean no increase to existing policies? That's right, but wait till you take out NEW policies. Get some online quotes for example for annual travel insurance with and without diabetes declared!

Yes, no increase, I am on my wife's insurance she checked it all out and they said it makes no difference to them as i am not on insulin. That is there game changer...

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
Congratulations Jo! That is a fantastic achievement. You should be very proud of yourself :thumbup:

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
WOW!!!! Well done!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ann

Defren

Thank you all, I genuinely mean that. It's this forum that taught me all the tools I utilised to get this result. It's onwards and upwards to helping others move onwards and downwards.