Shakes?

A

Anonymous

Not sure if i am posting this in the right section (please feel free to move it).

I am really struggling with eating 3 times a day....Can i subsidise say my morning meal and lunch meal with some sort of shakes? I really cant force myself to eat but do drink a lot of fluids so thought about having some shakes to replace these meals. Can anyone give me advice on this please? What kind of shakes can i have?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been trying to low carb and feel rather full after breakfast so dont want to eat lunch etc...Really struggled today and just ate my dinner :cry:

Sharon xx

Tracey69

Hi
The only shakes i can think of is slimmers shake, but please be careful and look to see if there is any sugar or other types of glucose, I will have a look for you and get back to you on the subject.
Take care
Tracey

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
I find the Atkins shakes useful on those occasions that I can't face food.

Boots online have them on special at the moment.

Jane

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
My suggestion for a staple food-drink (meal replacement) a mix of:
3-4 teasp ground almonds
3-4 teasp coconut powder
flavoured with coffee, low cal drinking choc as desired, or cup-a-soup
make up with boiling water - stir well - it will swell & form a thin, drinkable porridge
add milk or water if desired
or no-added-sugar squash instead of coffee/choc

That will provide about 250 kcal & is much more sustaining than cereal or any carb-based b'fast, as the energy is provided by good fats, rather than sugars.

Take the mix with you & have some at your tea break.

A

Anonymous

Thanks everyone....Not a coffee lover Ian, although i do like drinking choc and cup-a-soups, i'm gjust taking really bad trying to eat in mornings, its something I've never really done and if i did, was always weetabix or a banana...

I was thinking of the meal supplement shakes from Asda Tracy, saw someone had mentioned them in a previous post, Think they cost about £4 for a ten shake serving.

Thanks Serena, might give them a try

Sharon xx

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Hey Sharon I'm with you about eating first thing. Can't stand it but I do force myself as I found it helps your levels stabilise faster as they will tend to be high when you wake up. My 1 minute minimalist breakfast is as follows. Put 6 frozen raspberries in a bowl and hit them for 40 seconds in the microwave. Add 3 heaped teaspoons of full fat Greek yoghurt and one teaspoon of strawberry yoghurt. Mix well. That will give you around 6 teaspoon sized mouthfuls. Job done :D

A

Anonymous

xyzzy said:
Hey Sharon I'm with you about eating first thing. Can't stand it but I do force myself as I found it helps your levels stabilise faster as they will tend to be high when you wake up. My 1 minute minimalist breakfast is as follows. Put 6 frozen raspberries in a bowl and hit them for 40 seconds in the microwave. Add 3 heaped teaspoons of full fat Greek yoghurt and one teaspoon of strawberry yoghurt. Mix well. That will give you around 6 teaspoon sized mouthfuls. Job done :D

Sounds yummy, not keen on raspberries but mixed with strawberry yogurt and greek yogurt, I shouldnt really taste them...Will give this a bash, thanks xyzzy

Sharon :D xx

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Use any "berries" I swap between raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and summer fruits. You can pick up big packs of frozen fruits in any supermarket. Doing it that way means you can control the strength of the sugar hit the fruit delivers and of course it works out loads cheaper than buying ready made berry flavoured yoghurt.

mrglut4

banana shakes are not recommended.. fruits with low sugars in them are usually prescribed and are best for the use