Spices / Powder

TPO

I was just wondering if the likes of cajun spice or curry powder contain carbs? There is no information on any of the jars / tubs.

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
I hope they don't!! :lol: It never crossed my mind so I go mad with them as I need my spice kick!!

TPO

Yeah, I'm the same. I've been using curry powder to make cornation chicken, garlic salt for seasoning etc.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Even going mad with them, I doubt if they contain enough carbs to do any damage. I use them too.

There are websites about that will tell you the nutrition content, but failing that, go on to the Tesco website and check on the info there.

Food has to taste of something! :D

Viv 8)

Defren

As I don't know what brand you used, I put generic curry powder into my search and checked for a 1/4 teaspoon and a full teaspoon - no carbs :D

robertwt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Rudeness, bad driving, incautious use of English
I've heard that fenugreek gives you a BG spike. :shock:
I get high figures after eating curry. I read somewhere that the average high street takeaway curry is loaded with fats and oils and sugar. :( and goodness knows what else.

Robert wt

AlanC

One gram of spice will contain no more than one gram of carbs, so unless you like a LOT of spice there is nothing to worry about!

goose64

if you're eating takeaway/supermarket curries they probably contain sugar - especailly if you have chicken tikka masala

jassi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you including rice with that curry?
I omit rice and have something like a cauliflower or mushroom bhaji instead - never get a spike.

MAMA2X

I MADE HOMEMADE CHICKEN CURRY LAST NIGHT FOR ME AND THE FAMILY. I HAD MINE ON SHREDDED WHITE CABBAGE (STEAMED) TO WHICH I ADDED A LITTLE CREAM AND A HALF TEASPOON OF WHOLEGRAIN MUSTARD. IT WAS YUMMY. I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THE CARBS ETC OR WHAT IT DID TO MY BG AS I DON'T HAVE A METER YET.