Post Your Recipes Here!

sallyjoseph

Cheese and Egg Toast is my favorite and i always make it.
their ingredients are 6 brown bread / wholewheat bread slices, cut into desired shape and size

3 Britannia masala cheese cubes, grate finely

3 heaped tablespoon finely chopped mint and coriander leaves

1 egg, beat well

2 heaped tablespoon chopped onion

¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)

2 teaspoon oil (to grease baking tray)
In a small bowl, mix grated cheese, chopped mint and coriander leaves, beaten egg, chopped onion and salt to taste. Spread this mixture evenly on bread slices with a thick tablespoon. Arrange bread slices carefully in baking tray and bake for 18 – 20 minutes until the cheese melts. Serve hot with fruit juice, milk , coffee ,tea, omelette.

mackermike

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Vegetable Lasagne

Ingredients

2 tbsp vegetable oil
150g green beans, trimmed and chopped
1 large courgette, chopped into chunks
1 red onion, chopped
1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunks
1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunks
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
500g jar tomato sauce for lasagne with roasted onion and garlic
6 lasagne sheets (weighing about 100g)
470g jar creamy sauce for lasagne
100g grated mozzarella cheese
Basil leaves, to garnish

Method
Pre-heat the oven to 190°C / fan oven 170°C / Gas 5.

Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan and add the green beans, courgette, red onion and peppers.

Cook over a medium-high heat, stirring often, until the vegetables are softened – about 4-5 minutes.
Add the cherry tomatoes and stir in the tomato sauce for lasagne with roasted onion and garlic.

Tip half the vegetable mixture into a large rectangular baking dish, measuring about 26cm x 20cm.
Arrange 3 lasagne sheets on top, then spread half the creamy sauce for lasagne over them.
Repeat the layers, then sprinkle the grated mozzarella cheese evenly over the surface.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked and golden brown.

Allow to stand for a few minutes, then serve, garnished with a few basil leaves.

susanmanley

A surprisingly filling but quick light meal

Your favourite salad leaves mixed together with some smoked salmon flakes [I use sainsbury's own at about £1 but others available.
When well mixed add cucumber, small tomates celery and whatever you fancy. Give it a quick stir and there you are

My husband, who is a definite meat and 3 veg man, really loves this

World Hereafter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
TURKISH 'PATLICAN KEBAB'

Naturally low-carb, and very tasty. All credit and thanks goes to my Turkish partner for teaching me this recipe (it's a very old family recipe!) :

200g good quality Beef Mince (I use lean for my diet, but full-fat does pack extra flavour)
2 large, firm Aubergines ('Patlican' in Turkish)
4 large, ripe Beef Tomatoes, skinned and chopped (or use a 400g tin of chopped toms if you prefer)
2 Peppers, chopped very finely
1 onion, chopped very finely
6-8 cloves garlic, chopped finely or crushed
2 Tablespoons Tomato Puree Concentrate
2 pints good quality Beef or Chicken stock
2 teaspoons good quality Olive Oil (I use a spray pump filled with Olive Oil, to lessen the calories!)
Plenty of fresh Oregano, Thyme, Parsley
Black Pepper and sea salt

Preheat oven 190 centigrade.

Find a large roasting tin, I use one of those old fashioned enamel roasting tins with a lid, works brilliantly. Or use a casserole dish with lid.

Carefully peel stripes of skin from the Aubergines, peeling lengthways/downwards, to make a stripey Aubergine. Then cut the Aubergines in half across the width/middle. Now turn each half lengthways, and cut into slices approx half centimetre thick. You should have lots of sort of 'D' shaped pieces when you've finished.

Arrange some of the Aubergine pieces in layer on base of roasting tin. Spray or drizzle lightly with Olive Oil. Repeat by placing another layer on top and spray/drizzle with all too. Carry on until all the Aubergine used up and you have a few layers built up.

Place tin in oven (no lid) for approx 15 mins to part-cook and soften the Aubergines.

Whilst that is cooking, brown off your Mince in a hot frying pan, using a little extra olive Oil. once browned, add the finely chopped onions, garlic and peppers. Sautee until softened.

Add the Tomato Paste and sautee another 5 mins.

Add the remaining ingredients (tomatoes, hot stock), herbs and seasoning.

Cook for a further 5-10 mins on hob.

Once Aubergines starting to soften/cook, remove tin form oven. Carefully pour or spoon the Mince/Pepper/Tomato mixture over the Aubergines. Ensure the mix gets down into any gapss.

Place the lid on top and put into oven for around 45 mins to an hour (test the Aubergines are soft with a fork).

Aubergines absorb quite a bit of liquid, so you might need to top up with a little extra stock, unless you like the sauce to be thicker (we like lots of liquid/juices in ours!). Also give it a very gentle stir around, without disturbing the Aubergines too much!

Once the Aubergines are soft, it's ready to serve.

This recipe makes 4 portions. We usually eat half and keep the leftovers in fridge overnight and just quickly re-heat them next day. In my pre-diabetic days, I had a chunk of fresh Turkish Pide bread to dip in the sauce.. yum!

anyway.. is still delicious without the Pide bread.

Hope you enjoy! :)

Per portion (serving 4): CARBS: 11.4 SUGARS 5.2 CALORIES (using Lean Beef mince) 242.

vonbon1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being sick 24/7
Fried chicken & onions on a bed of salad

Made this last night, thought I was going to hate it but it was sooooo tasty
Slice a chicken breast, I cheat I buy it cooked and sliced from Tesco :roll: slice 1 onion put them both in a hot wok with a few scooshes of fry light. add 1 tsp Basil, 1tsp Thyme a little garlic salt, Black pepper. cook untill onions are golden brown.

wash and chop lettuce and 3 tomato's. I used salad tomato's but think Cherry toms would be nicer.
Easy to make easy to eat. and as far as I can see very little carbs if any
:thumbup:

Montana

Dislikes
Anyone moody negative or judgemental
:wave: Bread and Butter Pudding

2 eggs
3/4 pint semi or skimmed milk
3 slices buttered bread of your choice(I use Warbutons seeded batch)
3oz sultanas or currants/raisins
2 desert spoonfuls Canderal sugar substitute
Greased/buttered pie/casserole dish

Cut the crusts off bread and place in bottom of dish evenly. Sprinkle sultanas over crusts. Cut remainder of bread into 3 pieces each and place in a single layer over fruit so that there are no gaps. Break the eggs into a large bowl with all the sugar and whisk until well combined. Pour in the milk and mix/whisk well and then pour over the bread and fruit mixture. Allow to stand for at least an hour allowing the bread to soak up egg/milk mix. Preheat oven to gas mark 4/5 or 350/375F or 180/190C and place dish in centre of oven for about 45-60 minutes.

This is a delicious quick and cheap pudding. For those like me living on their own I always have one portion while its still hot. When it has cooled down I divide the rest into six ramekin pots cover in cling film and refrigerate so you have enough for pudding for another six days. :wave:

Montana

Reactions: lorraine95

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ready rice for meals and snacks.

Morrison's do a parboiled brown rice which is lower in cals than other types of brown rice and so, together with the low GI of brown rice, it makes for a good staple to go with many dishes.

Brown rice tends to be chewier so it has to be boiled for longer periods. The pack states 25 mins though I give it 30 mins. I boil it in stock, chicken or veg and add some lemongrass stalks and kaffir lime leaves. After boiling, drain the stock and keep for other uses. Discard the lemongrass stalks and lime leaves. The rice drains well and does not stick during cooling. It tastes good already but I use it as a base for many dishes. It freezes well and keeps in the fridge for a few days too. Adding a simple sauce turns it into a snack but lightly frying with the addition of one or more of the following, egg, ham, chicken, shrimps, prawns, peas, tomatoes, chillis, really lifts it. My favourite is a basic egg foo yung, with toasted sesame oil on top of the microwaved rice. A very quick, nourishing and tasty meal. A quick sauce would be something like softened chopped onion stewed a little with chopped tomatoes and some herbs. Just season to taste. Nice with a glass of ice cold lager. There's loads of things you can do, add spices, stuff it in halved peppers and bake in the oven. The trick is to have a few bags of it in the freezer so that there is always some to hand when you need it. It's too much of a nuisance to make it every single time because it takes so long to boil.

Samantha98

I was craving something sweet and found these recipes. I thought maybe some of you would like them! Sorry measurements are in cups. Enjoy. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yellow cupcakes
Prep: 20 minutes Bake: 12-15 minutes Oven temperature: 350 degrees fahrenheit
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup stevia (splenda works too)
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
3 eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Nutritional Information for one cupcake
Calories 160
Cal from fat 80
Total fat 9 g
Saturated fat 5 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 170 mg
Total carbs 16 g ( I think net carbs is around 6 g )
Fiber 0 g
Sugar 4 g
Protein 4 g
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep: 15 minutes Bake: 10-12 minutes Oven temperature: 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup stevia
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Nutritional information for one cookie
Calories 100
Cal from fat 45
Total fat 5 g
Saturated fat 3 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 95 mg
Total carbs 12 g ( I think net carbs is around 7 g)
Fiber 0 g
Sugar 6 g
Protein 1 g
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Shoelace

Chocolate Fudge

This is so good, and easy to make. Totally takes care of those chocolate cravings.

This recipe calls for glycerin (glycerine), but it is an optional ingredient. Glycerin is often used as a sweetener and it has no effect on blood sugar, so if you leave it out, the fudge won't be as sweet, but it is good either way. You can purchase food grade glycerin in the cake decorating aisle of hobby and craft stores, some pharmacies carry it, or it can be purchased online.

Chocolate Fudge
(12 servings, less than 2 total carbs per serving)

1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened Baker's Chocolate
2 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup coconut oil
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons glycerin (optional)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
sweetener to equal 1/3 cup of sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Place paper muffin cup liners in the wells of a muffin pan, set aside.

Microwave the chocolate about 1 minute, just until melted. Add the cream cheese, coconut oil and butter and microwave until all is melted. Stir in the heavy cream, glycerin, vanilla and sweetener. Freeze 20 minutes. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth, stir in the walnuts. Divide between the 12 muffin cups. Refrigerate until firm. Keep refrigerated.

Lee Bruce

Here is an exotic dish that is an ideal pick for special occasions. Apples are rich in fibre, making this dish acceptable for diabetics diet too. Crepes come out well when made with plain flour, as done in this recipe. I have also used low fat butter, which is easily available in the market today – it is good for use in such desserts where butter is required for texture and flavour.

Ingredients

For The Pancakes
1/4 cup plain flour (maida)
1/4 cup cornflour
3/4 cup low fat milk (99.7% fat-free)
a pinch salt
1/4 tsp melted low fat butter

For The Apple Filling
2 tsp low fat butter
2apples,thickly sliced
1 tbsp sugar substitute
1/4 tsp cinnamon (dalchini) powder
1 tsp lemon juice

Other Ingredients
1/2 tsp low fat butter for greasing

Method
For The Pancakes
Combine the plain flour, cornflour, milk, salt and ¼ cup of water in a bowl, mix well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
Grease a non-stick pan with the butter and pour 2 tbsp of the batter, tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
When the sides starts to peel off, turn the pancake around and cook the other side for a few seconds.
Repeat with the remaining batter to make 4 more pancakes. Keep aside.

For The Apple Filling
Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the apple slices, sugar substitute, cinnamon, lemon juice and 2 tbsp of water and mix well.
Cook on a medium flame till the apple slices are cooked, stirring once in between.
Divide the apple filling into 5 equal portions. Keep aside.

How to proceed
Place a pancake on a dry, flat surface and place a portion of the apple filling on one half of the pancake.
Fold the pancake over the filling to make a semi circle.
Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 4 more crepes.
Serve immediately.

Source: http://diet4diabetic.com/

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Made these today, they were great

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions:

In a mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on
medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
Add about half the flour, the 1 cup Splenda, the egg, vanilla, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
Beat until thoroughly combined.
Beat in the remaining flour.
Cover and chill for 1 hour.
Combine the 2 tablespoons Splenda and the cinnamon in a small bowl.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls (should make about 30 balls).
Roll balls in the Splenda-cinnamon mix and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes.

Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Snickerdoodles
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving% Daily ValueCalories 139.6 Calories from Fat 10878%Total Fat 12.1 g18%Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%Cholesterol 53.7 mg17%Sodium 149.6 mg6%Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g2%Dietary Fiber 0.1 g0%Sugars 6.5 g26%Protein 0.9 g1%

Carney

Hi sue,
Thaks for making recipe thraet and found many healthy recipes for diabetic patients here. All are great but found Troubr's peach ice cream perfect for my mom as she loves ice cream and can't resists peach.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Tried this today they are great I topped them with whipped cream and sliced strawberries

Description

Recipe by greeneified. Something that tastes this good shouldn’t be legal – and unless you’re on a low carb diet, it probably isn’t. Be careful you don’t get addicted to this one though…

Ingredients

3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
1 Cup Low-Carb Sweetener (I used Splenda)
4 Eggs
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (or regular milk if you’re willing to risk it)
1 tsp Vanilla
1.5 Cups Almond Meal/Flour
1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
2 tsp Baking Powder
Directions

Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time and beat until fully blended in.
Add milk and vanilla, and mix until combined.
In a separate bowl, combine flours, salt, and baking powder.
Beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until creamy.
Spoon into lined cupcake pan, or smooth into a greased 9″ by 13″ pan.
Bake at 350F for around 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Serve with whipped cream, greek yogurt, or berries – or whatever you like!

I found this at
http://www.carbgenie.com/low-carb-recip ... Y_dIRG9KSM

Carbohydrate Information

2g net carbs per serving
Please note, carb values will vary depending on the ingredients you use and their quantities.

Preparation Time

10 minutes

Serves

As many as you want!

Difficulty

Easy

Finzi

Can I just add that if you *feel* the need for some butter icing on this ;) you can make really nice butter icing with softened butter and coconut flour.

Just sayin'.

A

Anonymous

Ginger Juice

For those who love ginger,one of my favourite drinks is ginger juice mixed into fizzy water. I buy a ton of ginger, cut it into small pieces, then put through a juicer. If you like ginger, this is a great way to have it. Just one word of warning ... cut the ginger into SMALL pieces. They fly around like bullets and I managed to 'shoot through' the open/shut detector in the lid of the juicer!

A

Anonymous

Fish & meat biltongs

If you have a dehydrator, these are a doddle, and are a great snack with a long shelf-life. They can be made whilst drying other stuff at the same time to save energy.

Pat dry raw fish or meat & cut into 'mouth-size' pieces/strips (or in my case, half-mouth size!)

For fish, marinate in soy sauce for a couple of hours, sprinkle with sesame seeds, then dry in the dehydrator

Same idea for meat with other marinades etc.

Haven't killed myself yet with eating these.

A

Anonymous

Homemade greek style yoghurt

Just made the best yoghurt I've ever made (I'll leave it up to others to work out the naughtyness!)

1.8 - 2 ltr full-fat milk (makes 500 ml - whey can be used as liquid in cooking)
1 small carton live yoghurt
12 heaped dessert spoons of dried milk (helps make it a bit thicker apparently & cheaper than cream)

Heat milk to about 46C or fairly warm but not boiling
Mix in dried milk and yoghurt
Transfer to thermos flask and screw lid on (can be preheated with warm water but not critical)
Leave for 8 hours or so or overnight

Secure a cloth over a deep pan
Pour the mixture into the cloth and leave to drain for about 6 hours or so
Transfer (scrape!) the yoghurt from the cloth into a container (will not feel all that thick)
Place in freezer for a few hours

Bloody magic! I had some LIDLs greek-style in an identical pot and couldn't tell one from the other initially

Reactions: lorraine95

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I found this thread from 2009

For christmas
For chocolate lovers
Three cheers for low carb cake recipes.....

Low Carb Brownies
Makes about 48 (or less if you are greedy like me )

1 cup ground almonds, well sifted (most supermarkets do ground almonds)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-3/4 cups Splenda or granulated Maltitol etc
1 cup unsalted butter
4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate (or good quality dark choc), chopped
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
4 extra large eggs, beaten
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter a 9" x 13" cake pan. Stir together almonds, baking powder, salt and Splenda; set aside. In a microwave bowl, on high, melt the butter and the chocolate, stirring frequently. Add the Splenda, the beaten eggs and vanilla; beat until well blended. Stir in the dry mixture, mix well, then stir in the pecans. Pour into the prepared pan, spread evenly. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Check at 15 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool on wire rack, cut into 48 squares.

Note: 1.8 net carbs per square

Original post by illibet

They are as good as any brownies anywhere that I've had, they are terric! Thanks illibet if your still about

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Finzi said:
Can I just add that if you *feel* the need for some butter icing on this ;) you can make really nice butter icing with softened butter and coconut flour.

Just sayin'.

How pleaseeeeee? :)