Sleep Problems

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been having some problems with sleeping over the past month in my dorm at uni and its been driving me crazy as i keep on waking up every two hours with the urge to pee, but when I went to stay with my family for the weekend I have only woken up once or slept through the whole night. I was back in my dorm yesterday and thought that I would be fine, but it happened again and it got me starting to think if my waking up every two hours to pee is caused by my bed mattress which I think is a bit strange.

jeremy-sailor

Hi akindrat 18, I have the greatest sympathy with your sleep problems. I have been getting up to pee every hour to hour and a half for a couple of months now. At first, I thought it was prostate problems (it's about a hundred years since I was at Uni and I'm at the prostate stage now) but I've had that checked and that's not it. However, I have recently been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes so it's obviously that. I'm afraid I can't offer you much more than sympathy, as I haven't sorted my own problem out yet but I do know it is hell. I suppose you might have slept better in your own home but I doubt, really, that it is your mattress at uni. At your age, you should really be able to sleep anywhere! You don't say if you have been diagnosed diabetic but I think your problem is almost certainly blood sugar and, if you haven't done so, I do urge you to talk to your doctor.

Good luck! I haven't sorted out my own sleep problems yet but, if I get some help from my doctor, I'll let you know.