Hypo

Dannii666

Hi, I'm newly diagnosed and have had a few hypos but have noticed if I hypo in the afternoon or evening I'm completely wiped out the next day. It's driving me crazy as I'm so fed up of it already and it's only been 7 weeks.
Does this happen to any one else?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a type 2 on Glimipiride so I do not get severe hypos but when I get the clumsies and the shakes is invariably after a trip to Tesco on Wednesday mornings. Readings in the 3.*'s are common at those times. Neither I nor my nurse can explain the Tesco effect especially since on those days I give up my morning walk and do the shopping instead.

Feeling tired is OK since I just have an afternoon nap.

jodi932

Hello. I found out I have type 1 about 4 weeks ago . I seem to have hypos before lunch time. I feel shaky and sick with it. Do you experience any of them? But ive never felt wipes out once ive treated it im back to normal self. Maybe you should your diabetic nurse see what they have to say about it? Are you type 1 ot type 2

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Dannii666

Hello thank you for both your replies, I'm 27 and type 1. I do get shaky and feel sick and get dizzy but I had a hypo yesterday and feel unwell and tired today but through the night I was very restless.
I have spoken to my diabetic nurse and she said its my body still adjusting.

jules65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think me & the Squire need to change our supermarket - I get the Tesco effect every week!!

qbix

Hi

I've had a few hypos since being diagnosed in January. I can be pretty wiped out afterward too and am finding that I am becoming less sensitive to the symptoms before I notice them too. I was 3.2 the other day before I realised something was wrong. So you are not alone. I liken it to a hangover without the headache.

BexC89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Dannii,

I was diagnosed as Type 1 in January (I'm 24) and have experienced a lot of hypos since diagnosis.

My typical symptoms start with a very weird sensation in my arms and legs, followed by shaking hands which get progressively uncontrollable, then sweating and feeling sick. Once treated I all of my actue symptoms resolve themselves but I am left feeling completely and utterly exhausted. I can't describe it in any other way than to say it's nothing like being 'normally' tired. So I completely understand where you are coming from and it sounds very normal.

However, hopefully, as your nurse has said, your body is still adjusting and you'll find yourself better able to cope and your symptoms will be less severe over time.

When I was first diagnosed I was having all of the typical hypo symptoms when I was below 6! But now I only tend to get them when I actually am below 4 (and like others have said, sometimes I don't get any symptoms until I'm probably too low).

Try not to let it get you down. I know exactly how you feel. The best advice I can give is if you feel unwell or 'strange' in any way, test yourself.

Good luck.

weeezer

Blummin hypo's, they're so yuk. I've been t1 13 years now, and just when I think I've got a handle on control, it all shifts again! Been having a few more hypos than usual over last few days, a paticular whopper last night that left me completely exhausted, and I felt kind of hungover today. Felt like I've been walking thru mud in fact. Sometimes i get good hypo awareness, sometimes hardly any and often feel 'weird' and think it can't be a hypo, must be a strange health problem...that then just turns out to be a hypo!

You are not alone!