Complications

Hi all, I've had type one since I've been 11 and am now 17, and my control was never perfect up until i started taking this very seriously at the start of the year. My 3 month average has always hovered around 8, until recently as I've got it down to 7.5, probably due to getting heavily interested in fitness and nutrition, and realising that 8 wasn't 'good'.

However, my question here is something that scares me a bit.
Will my not so great control as a kid, catch up with me soon, even though i've started taking good control of this? I wish i could go back and tell my younger self to not take a sweet or 3.

Thanks
Nick

Hilary52

Your average of 8 is not bad at all. If your blood sugars are steady around that I would not worry. Complications happen after lots of years unless really badly controlled with very high sugars over a long period of time. Make sure you keep the hospital check up appts. And spk to consultant if really worried.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

H

Hooked

No point in worrying about what has past, the important bit is that you are NOW taking control of your diabetes and improving your chances of being complication free. I wish I'd been more like you and taken the bull by the horns back when I was 17. Good on ya and keep up the good work! :thumbup: