Leg pain

kazzyrf

Hi for the last 3 to 4 weeks my left leg has been constantly painful ..... started with restless legs and my knee being sore but has now progressed to my whole leg hurting :( I do not have difficulty walking but standing up after sitting for a while can be uncomfortable. Painkillers dont seem to make much difference. Wondered if anyone had any tips for easing the discomfort??? I am on statins so did wonder if they were the cause but is only one leg :(

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Possibly statins as I believe muscle problems can be a side-effect, what does your gp say about your leg pain?

kazzyrf

Seeing GP tomorrow for blood pressure check so will mention it then. Have had no issues for ages, BS stable and now high blood pressure and this leg pain :(

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
kazzyrf said:
Seeing GP tomorrow for blood pressure check so will mention it then. Have had no issues for ages, BS stable and now high blood pressure and this leg pain :(

That's good hopefully they'll be able to find a solution, good luck with the bp check!!!

renee

Leg Pain and other bone pain Was worse when I took my Simvastin. A lot of people who are not diabetic can't get on with this Tablet.
I tried twice my doc said take half it was just as bad. So I don't take it. I take a cod liver oil capsule every day which can help. however my ankles can be terrible painfull in the mornings when I wake up. :roll:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Try googling diabetic amyotrophy. My upper leg pain and hip has been in one leg, gone, and now in the other. Included restless leg(s). Over years it has, it appears been misdiagnosed and misguessed and mistreated.
Diabetic amyotrophy the right diagnosis finally!! Taken 5 years and a lot of **** along the way....
Still finding out about it... One thing I have always said is that the pain is always there, but evenworse when sirting down or in bed. Novody has ever believed me.

kazzyrf

Thanks donnellysdogs will have a look into that. I saw the doc a few days ago who said "if it was the statins would be all over body pain, stop the pills for 4 weeks and see if its still there. If not then there's your answer! :( Typical from him :( :(

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
There is a bloodtest that go's should do after you start statins that supposedly sees if the statins affects muscles... The trouble is from seeing a lot of people with muscke pain from statins supposedly, then this blood test the gp's are meant to do.. Surely doesnt show up the associated muscle pain..?

terencehill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Everyone

I feel quite rare but still some kind of small pain/tyreness in my muscles in my feet. It can be few minutes to half an hour and if I make some movements or jump it is gone. Could not see any scheme when this occurs could be when I go to bed and could be after long bike ride.

What I'm looking for are some feedback and warning signals that I could see that something is wrong.

My feet is checked still every year and veins are said to be on good condition, senses are working well.

blothom

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rudeness, ignorance, racism, intolerance and butter beans
donnellysdogs said:
Try googling diabetic amyotrophy. My upper leg pain and hip has been in one leg, gone, and now in the other. Included restless leg(s). Over years it has, it appears been misdiagnosed and misguessed and mistreated.
Diabetic amyotrophy the right diagnosis finally!! Taken 5 years and a lot of **** along the way....
Still finding out about it... One thing I have always said is that the pain is always there, but evenworse when sirting down or in bed. Novody has ever believed me.

I will google this as soon as I have finished posting. I have had this pain now in my lower body for 4 weeks, and it seems different to the neuropathy I was originally getting. I cannot get comfortable, as it hurts so much when I am sitting or lying down, that I am not getting any sleep. I am so tired, fed up, and as I can't sleepwalk, cannot see a way forward. The docs are doing a batch of blood tests and will see me on the 6th September (!!!) but how I will manage without proper sleep until then, I don't know. Right now, I am hating being diabetic, because it seems as though the more I take control and do what the health professionals tell me is right, the more I am suffering. Very tempted to just chucking everything in the bin, and going back to eating what I want, having high blood sugars and feeling fine, even if it does mean a shorter life span - who wants to live longer feeling like this? :cry: