Pump problem

manicdefender

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all,

I have a Medtronic MMT-754 pump. The original one I had failed under warranty so I was issued a replacement. However now I cannot upload any reports online. I've changed the pump serial number on the carelink website. It gets to 28% and then comes up with a pump communication error. It keeps telling me to check the battery.

Saying that I have had a couple of failed battery test alarms. So I replaced the battery (to clarify i'm using the batteries that medtronic supply) but then it still won't upload. The thing is that it doesn't suspend the pump when it's trying to upload either. I've tried manually suspending and trying it but it still fails at exactly 28% every time.

I've also tried uploading on several different machines. When I spoke to Medtronic they said that the battery cap may have failed so they are sending me a replacement plastic cap. Is that really likely to be the problem. When i've googled to see if anyone else has had similar it suggests that the memory on the pump itself might be corrupted.

Any suggestions????

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes
I've not had an error like that on my pump, but you're best off trying the replacement cap, if it doesn't work, calling Medtronic and telling them it seems to be a memory failure.

Sent from Diabetes.co.uk Forum App

manicdefender

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Update - Spoken to Medtronic as the battery cap didn't resolve the problem and indeed it looks like the memory is corrupted. Going into Alarm history shows some alarms on 1st January (generic date) with lots of A21, A17 and A47 error codes. New pump coming tomorrow. Just thought i'd paste an update in case anyone else gets a problem