Irish breakfast fry

sineadk

There is nothing like an irish breakfast fry.

Does anyone have any idea with black and white pudding and sausages have carbs? I know the eggs should be ok and the bacon probably but not sure about the other things.

Thanks

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hi, i try to eat the low carb varieties of sausages, black farmers daughters are a nice example but there are others, as for black pudding, i just dont want to know lol yum

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I DO miss Black pudding although I'm too squeamish to make a lowcarb home made one-it would remind me of Stephen Kings film 'Carrie' too much ! :sick: :lol:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
the la-la ears go on when i think about what its made from :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
sineadk said:
Does anyone have any idea with black and white pudding and sausages have carbs? I know the eggs should be ok and the bacon probably but not sure about the other things.

You can get sausage with a high pork content that contains 1-2g of carbs, not sure about white pudding as I've never had it but black pudding (butchers shop) contains about 15g of carbs depending how thick it is cut, Asda own brand black pudding has 7g of carbs but the slices are a bit on the small size.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
there is barley (or oatmeal)in black pudding so not a low carb

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Netty70 said:
Ooooo get to bury and ave some proper black pudding, everything in moderation you have to keep living :)

I'm not keen on the Bury black pudding, find it has a perfume like taste to it and don't like the texture at all, my local butchers makes his own which is so much nicer :)

Netty70

noblehead said:
Netty70 said:
Ooooo get to bury and ave some proper black pudding, everything in moderation you have to keep living :)

I'm not keen on the Bury black pudding, find it has a perfume like taste to it and don't like the texture at all, my local butchers makes his own which is so much nicer :)

You need to try different ones as I have found they are different on each stall yummy

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App