yorkshire pudding...

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We had roast beef for tea so I thought I would 'try' a yorkshire pudding to see what my bs would be - I was good and didn't try a potato as well! My bs before tea was 4.4, after 2 hours it was 6.2 so I guess I won't be having another one!

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Why not your bs was only 6.2?

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am prediabetic so am looking at lower levels am I not? Also the difference between my pre tea and post tea levels was nearly 2 - is that not a spike?

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I'm sure you would get spikes with most foods!

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
aqualung said:
I am prediabetic so am looking at lower levels am I not? Also the difference between my pre tea and post tea levels was nearly 2 - is that not a spike?

I wouldn't read that as a spike

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mongoose39uk said:
aqualung said:

I wouldn't read that as a spike

what is a spike and how do I know what to avoid?

If I want to get my next Hb1ac down should I not be eating food that gives me a bs level under 6 - or is it not that simple?

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
It is very individual but complicated. bg is measuring what is happening at that moment and not very accurately. You often get different readings on different fingers or minutes apart on the same finger. The Hbac1 measures an average over a few months

The information pages on the main site will give you examples of normal ranges and the ranges for type 2 etc.

To give a personal example earlier this year I was still regularly getting 9 at 2 hours after a meal but still had an average on the Hbac1 in the none diabetic range if you didn't know I had type 2.

I try to keep it as low as possible but I certainly never batted an eyelid at anything under 7. My daughter who isn't diabetic an test over 7 a couple of hours after a meal.

Have a read through though. If your still not comfortable with it then it's your choice to eat or not to eat a yorkie pudd

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mongoose39uk said:
It is very individual but complicated. bg is measuring what is happening at that moment and not very accurately. You often get different readings on different fingers or minutes apart on the same finger. The Hbac1 measures an average over a few months

The information pages on the main site will give you examples of normal ranges and the ranges for type 2 etc.

To give a personal example earlier this year I was still regularly getting 9 at 2 hours after a meal but still had an average on the Hbac1 in the none diabetic range if you didn't know I had type 2.

I try to keep it as low as possible but I certainly never batted an eyelid at anything under 7. My daughter who isn't diabetic an test over 7 a couple of hours after a meal.

Have a read through though. If your still not comfortable with it then it's your choice to eat or not to eat a yorkie pudd

Thank you for that explanation. I will have a read and look at the levels. My stomach feels alot more bloated than it has for a while after eating the yorkie but that is a different story...

nannyani1

Hi i had roast turkey, yorkshires, roast potatoes and gravey and bread sauce. I had a hypo of 2.6 about an hour before food and was just 7.6. So as my nurse told me it needs to be about 10 before i go to bed ive just had some biscuits too. Im eating way more than i ever did before. Good luck xxx