Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Anything velvet, mushrooms.
Hello,

hope everyone had a merry and healthy xmas

My bg level was at 21.5 on boxing day, I was shocked as I felt quite ok, I was a tad thirsty but did not feel ill at all or maybe I am always that ill that I don't notice the difference anymore lol.

Yesterday my bg was at 13.5 after my metformim then was up 15.1 (fasting) so I drank almost 2 litres of water to try and bring it down, it then went to 7.3 after a couple of hours.

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi

What had you been eating?
Are you overweight?

I think you may be better off with a long walk to brig it down rather than water.

Cara

chrisdoh1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Anything velvet, mushrooms.
Hi

I must admit I had forgotten to take my med in the morning and then proceeded to grab a big mac whilst out at the sales, so in all fairness it was not managed properly and entirely my own fault, so bit of a pointless rant on my part. I was just surprised it was so high and I felt 'ok'

No I am not overweight which is one the reasons my GP is confused as to which type I have.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i was 25 and apart from being thirsty had no idea, i think if your body gets used to being high you cant always tell :( good reason to avoid big macs though :)

Reactions: 2 people

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I was 27.5 on Xmas day, highest I've ever been!

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
With a spike like that Chris, I'd say there's a good chance you have LADA rather than Type 2.

Smidge

Reactions: 2 people