Troubled and need advice:(

jwhittle97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a 16 year old girl in college and have had diabetes for as long as i can remember, im just getting to the point where i am fed up as where i have previously done injections is all lumpy and bumpy makes me hate these parts of my body!! Making me not want to inject i do my night injections only please help doctors have given up on me basically. Had pump and hated it had a constant blood meter but was way to expensive and wouldnt let my family buy one. Please i just need some motivation and help:(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

C

catherinecherub

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Until another method or a cure is perfected then you are going to have to inject for the rest of your life.

I will bump your post up so that you can get advice from other Type1s as to how to inject successfully.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Catherine is right that you must persevere and take all your insulin injections, do you have the lumps in all the injection sites or is it just in one particular area such as the stomach?

Site rotation is important to avoid injection site problems and the following website has a good diagram of where you can inject:

http://www.bd.com/us/diabetes/page.aspx?cat=7001&id=7261

sunday

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I think at your age it is very difficult to have diabetes. You want to do all the things your friends do normal without thinking about bloodsugar and carbs. If I had to do injections it would be difficult because I can´t hurt myself. I even cannot pluck my eyebrows. So you have my respect that you are doing all the diabetes stuff.
I am now at the age I could be your mother. I remember that at your age I was not interested or thinking about my life with forty. But let me tell you, when you are forty you want to live and you want to have a good life. So please care for you and give your injections. For yourself and your life. When you have to do injections try to think: "This is for me- for feeling good."
Good luck.