Need to pee

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Is it normal to need to pee all the time? Am waking up in night feeling thirsty -dry mouthed. Feel that I might have pee infection now.

Njieberridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not being able to eat Walkers Crisps, and Biscuits, grumpy people
Is it normal to need to pee all the time? Am waking up in night feeling thirsty -dry mouthed. Feel that I might have pee infection now.
Hi there, I'm a type 1 diabetic, I was for quite a few years, just taking Metformin, I used to have the same symptoms you are describing , up half the night peeing, because I was so thirsty I would be drinking half the night, I used to be shattered by the time I had to get up for work, it could be yor BS is running a little high, do you use test strips?

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am like mo1905. Tend to need to pee a lot only when my glucose levels are high.

Pavlos
Type 2 - Diagnosed 2009; Latest HbA1c 5,8%; Diabetes Medication: metformin 2x850mg; Other medication: Aspirin 75mg, Valsartan 80mg, Rosuvostatin 20mg, Ezetimibe 10mg; Exercise: One hour walk daily, tennis weekly, swimming when warm enough

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
:) thank you for all your help. Left test kit in car and haven't tested for a couple of days. Does poor sleep have an impact?

sarah

I sometimes get this and my blood glucose levels are fine. Might be a Mild UTI. Obviously do test your BGs to see but not everything is down to diabetes!

Before diagnosis, I did have very frequent urination due to high blood sugars, I'm talking 6 or 7 times a night, it was awful and not at all "ooh, I seem to be weeing a lot" style thing- it was clear that there was a major problem then.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Still need to pee more. Have slight achy feeling as if bladder full. Just need to go every 1-2 hours but bs not high. Am trying to make myself drink more but job makes it really difficult. If I forget to fill up water bottle then don't get any till break. I usually have a flask of hot water and make a decaf coffee (easier as I drink black) so manage to sip that as teaching. Fasting bs 5.8 this morning. Lost 2 lbs. thank God! Now lost 1 stone 5lbs.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you been checked for a UTI? When I was diagnosed I had a UTI that had no symptoms at all and turned out to be a weird strain of antibiotic resistant bacteria. One thing I always have on hand is a urinary tract alkaliniser (I don't know which brands you have available as I'm in Australia), but if you ask the chemist, I'm sure they'll know what you mean. They come in sachets that effervesce in water. Or even baking soda in water since most of OTC brands are based on that.