Eating at a table

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I never buy food in the garage mainly cos I low carb now but also because it gets soooooo expensive. I dont know how people can afford 5-6 takeaways a week. I MIGHT a have 1 in a month.

I'm obese. Basically lived on weight watchers for many many years. It never really worked. Always had family meals at the table. I don't think it where you eat that makes any difference to your size but I do think it helps make families better and help people become better people, if that makes sense.

Reactions: 4 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
My other friend brought her 3 yr old round over easter... She brought with her an easter biscuit for the child. She would only eat it at the table, even asking for a plate!! She made me feel normal for a few minutes!!

I just look at other peoples eating habits and am now really at the pint of feeling odd. Even when by myself I eat at the table.. (Bit lonely talking to myself when OH on late shift for 4 weeks!!) but it does just make me wonder whether the table eating instilled in me as a kid has meant a significant part unwittingly to me not snacking in between..

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Having a partner who works shifts makes it very difficult. I work shifts,try to eat meals with my wife. Was difficult before but more so now that I can't eat just anythi
I never buy food in the garage mainly cos I low carb now but also because it gets soooooo expensive. I dont know how people can afford 5-6 takeaways a week. I MIGHT a have 1 in a month.

I'm obese. Basically lived on weight watchers for many many years. It never really worked. Always had family meals at the table. I don't think it where you eat that makes any difference to your size but I do think it helps make families better and help people become better people, if that makes sense.
A guy at my work has two takeaways a day. Has done for at least 10 years. in between he eats tons of sweeties crisps and ice cream. If he has a few portions of fruit (wont eat veg) he has Diarrhoea.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
WW... My friend has put on 3st in one year through bingeing on weightwatcher meals thinking they are healthy!!!

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I might have smelled a rat after the first stone or so...

A colleague at work has been going to weight watchers for 2 years. Weekly weigh ins. Gained 2 stone. Starved herself every weigh day, then went out for fish and chips after.

Then, two weeks ago, she decided to knuckle down. Cut the two Danish breakfast, the 500ml OJ and flapjack elevenses, the latte, crisps and sarnie every lunch - and lost 9 pounds in 2 weeks.

You couldn't make it up, could you?

Oh, and her blood sugars have always been absolutely normal.

Reactions: 6 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
This guy is like a rake and very fit.
I'm not like a rake.... My friend is male and has gone from a 6'2 ex rugby player male at 14 stone to 17.5 stone in less than a year!! He does blame WW because he thought he could eat as much of their crisps n cakes as he wanted. He changed last week and list 6lb in a week on non WW food.

By way I am the female in my photo...

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I'm not like a rake.... My friend is male and has gone from a 6'2 ex rugby player male at 14 stone to 17.5 stone in less than a year!! He does blame WW because he thought he could eat as much of their crisps n cakes as he wanted. He changed last week and list 6lb in a week on non WW food.

Yes you told me before sorry about that.

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes

Just got that sorry. the guy at my work is like a rake and very fit.
Im sure you are fit too

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I am actually very fit, lean and muscly!! But not a rake!!

No offfence taken.. Just that I'm not a rake!! Just actually wish I could grow some boobs!!

RichardJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
All our meals are eaten at the table, mainly an attempt to teach our kids table manners. Only problem is our 1yr old has demoted me or my wife to the sofa as she want's to sit up at the table with us.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I know at even 50 I still got loads of lovely comments from much younger guys (i am married) about my slim figure..But I guess that the majority of us would have an op of some sort if we won the lottery...
Saying that.. I'd rather have new teeth than new bigger boobs..
Straying off topic here!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Guess I would be able to balance an uneven table with bigger boobs testing on it!!-lol!

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I know at even 50 I still got loads of lovely comments from much younger guys (i am married) about my slim figure..But I guess that the majority of us would have an op of some sort if we won the lottery...
Saying that.. I'd rather have new teeth than new bigger boobs..
Straying off topic here!!

My wife is under 7 stone. She hates when people comment on how slim she is.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I used to hate it, but the older I've got and the more plump the younger people the better I feel!!